Mission Data Processing Systems Lead - 00048267
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challengesand we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every dayworking for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITREand make a difference with us.
- Provide technical leadership for an SMC/RS wide ground architecture strategy
- Develop a future mission data processing technology roadmap to include the advancement of exploitation labs, independent verification and validation of industry community algorithms, and integration of world class research and development across the community
- Work in technical teams and be expected to interact with Air force, contractor and other FFRDC partners
- BS or equivalent and 5 years of related experience
- *Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
- Self-starter and possess system engineering expertise related to military and/or space systems
- Experience with OPIR or Weather systems, as well as, ground and space system architectures
Obtain and maintain a Top Secret level security clearance
- Expected to lead sponsor engagement, and must possess excellent communications and written skills, and the ability to work well with Air Force, contractor, and other FFRDC personnel
Apply for this job