We're looking for a support engineer to help us provide great technical support to our customers around the world. We are a fully remote team and are looking for someone based in a European timezone.
Our product Tower helps over 100,000 users in companies like Apple, Google, Amazon, and Microsoft to easily & productively work with the Git version control system.
Providing helpful & qualified customer support is an important part of our own aspiration. With Tower being a software development tool, customer questions are mostly technical. Therefore, we're looking for someone with a background in software development to help our customers with their technical questions on Git and version control.
You'll work closely with our software engineers and be part of a friendly, open, and reliable team of professionals.
- you'll provide support to our customers and prospective customers via our ticketing system (no phone or chat support)
- you accept accountability for providing a fast, high-quality, and helpful support experience for our customers (and improve our process where possible)
- questions range from simple sales and billing issues to bug reports and complex technical problems with Git and web app setups
- you'll document issues and communicate with our engineering teams in search for solutions to our customers' problems
- you're happy to help our engineering team with testing and QA
- you can deal with our product management saying "no" to many feature requests and fixes because you understand that, as a small team, our resources are painfully limited
- optional: in case you are proficient with PHP / CSS3 / JS, you might also want to help us develop and maintain our many web projects (the Tower website and blog, our learning platform, the Tower online documentation...)
- 3+ years background in web / software development
- Fluent in English with excellent writing / grammar skills
- Advanced knowledge of Git and version control
- Experience writing bug reports or other technical documents
- Experience on both macOS and Windows
- You love to help people with technical / dev problems
- You are a good and mindful communicator
- very reliable & thorough: you accept responsibility for your own work and its quality
- hungry to be part of a team that creates things that matter
- self-motivated and capable of working from home
- open to discussions and a mindful communicator
- willing to be part of a team & yet able to work independently
- paying attention to details
- open-minded and respectful – regarding people, technologies and projects
- happy to become part of a small team of friendly & skilled professionals
About Tower & fournova
We are a small, fully remote software company based in Germany. Founded in 2010, we set out to make Git’s powerful feature set accessible to developers, designers, and non-technical people.
Today, our software Tower is the best Git client for Mac and Windows and is used by over 100,000 customers - from startups to Fortune 100 companies.
We know we can achieve great goals only with the help of our peers. And at fournova, we are blessed to work in a team of extraordinary people. We’re not looking for someone to do the job. We’re looking for someone to join the team.
Values at fournova
We are a team driven by values. Not the ones that look nice on a poster, but ones that are truly and honestly lived.
TRUST - We believe our colleagues make good & fair decisions. For example when they take as many vacation days as they need (there's no maximum number of holidays, but a minimum of 24 days). Or when they handle company money responsibly (you can make any purchases without asking for permission). We don't control or micro-manage people.
RELIABILITY - At fournova, you're allowed to make any decision. Even if it's outside of your typical scope of duty. As a consequence, however, you also have to accept responsibility. We rely on our teammates to do their very best work.
RESPECT - We have a deep and sincere respect for each other. Both on a professional and on a personal level. We know we can achieve great goals only with the help of our peers.
HUMILITY - We do what's best for the team. This shows when you're supporting a team decision even if you'd prefer something else. And this shows when making profits: we donate 10% to a good cause every year.
HEALTH - We require everyone to give 100%. But not more than that! Working long hours or weekends is rarely seen at fournova. If you want, you can even choose to work only a 4-day week. We encourage you to pursue a life beyond work!
PRAGMATISM - We concentrate on the tasks that matter. Many things at fournova could be improved. But reality limits our time and energy in a painful way. To get meaningful work done, we need to live with countless little annoyances and concentrate on the things that bring us forward.
GROWTH - All of us have a strong desire to grow. And fournova wants to help you achieve this. On the professional and on the personal, human level.
REMOTE WORK - We are strong believers in freedom & flexibility. Therefore, you can work from wherever you want. In order to keep in touch, however, we meet in person at least once every quarter: for our "General Assemblies" in Frankfurt or Berlin, and for our great team retreats in places like Corsica or Barcelona.
Is this a culture that resonates with you? Can you contribute something to make fournova even better? Yes and yes? Then please get in touch with us!
Apply for this job