Automotive Inventory Management Developer (React/Node) at Dealer Inspire (Naperville, IL) (allows remote)
Posted a week ago
This position can be remote; US based candidates only.
Looking for a unique work environment and culture to thrive in? Do you love the sense of accomplishment after shaping a new product and pushing code daily? Are you a motivated individual who works well independently, as well as on a team? Are you excited about developing modern applications on serverless cloud architecture? Then, we want you!
Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today.
Want to learn more about who we are? Check us out here!
METAL is DI's brand-new Automotive Inventory Management System (IMS), and is built with modern design, plus lightning-quick controls to help our clients move metal faster than the competition - without any training needed. Designed mobile and tablet-first, METAL allows car dealers to quickly and easily manipulate their vehicle inventory and have those changes appear on their Dealer Inspire website in real-time with API synchronization. From easy-to-implement pricing rules, to the ability to upload hi-res inventory pictures, METAL offers a full-suite of features that modernize inventory management.
Your duties will primarily revolve around writing code, creating new features, modifying existing code to fix errors and bugs, and improving performance, while adhering to system testing and validation procedures.
To be successful in this role, you will need a high degree of personal responsibility with respect to quality, attention-to-detail, and the willingness to contribute and collaborate as part of a team.
Skills & Requirements
We're flexible with learning on the job and corresponding relevant work experience. However, for this position to be successful, we need you to know the following, with a strong self-initiative to learn from others!
Essential Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Architecture and development of new features
- Set and enforce code quality standards and test coverage
- Leadership and mentoring of junior developers
- Experience with front-end technologies such as React, Redux, and Webpack.
- Experience working with NodeJS
- Experience working with SQL or NoSQL databases; the ability to write efficient queries and benchmark/profile them
- Strong understanding of asynchronous programming
- Experience with the Express framework in NodeJS
- Experience with performance debugging and benchmarking
- Experience with testing frameworks like karma, mocha, or jest
- Experience with Git version control
- Understanding of CI/CD
- Strong attention to design detail (UI/UX)
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working remotely
- Familiar with Mobile-First, responsive web design
- Familiar with AWS Cloud Architecture and Serverless (Fargate, StepFunctions, Lambda, SQS)
- Familiar with GraphQL, DataLoader, and Apollo Client
- Familiar with MongoDB, Atlas, and Stitch
- Familiar with PostgreSQL
- Familiar with ElasticSearch
Compensation is based upon skill and previous experience. Motivated and talented individuals may advance quickly in our fast growing company.
- Health Insurance with BCBS, Delta Dental (Orthodontics coverage available), Eye Med Vision
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 13 days paid time off, parental leave, and selected paid holidays
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Subsidized internet access for your home
- Peer-to-Peer Bonus program
*Not a complete, detailed list. Benefits have terms and requirements before employees are eligible.