Scientist Machine Learning
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co. KG
Posted 2 weeks ago
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
We are passionate about bringing breakthrough therapies to patients faster than ever before.
Building on emerging data-driven digital technologies we want to generate new insights in uncharted territory of disease biology and accelerate the discovery and development of high quality therapies. A new team has been formed to pave the way for our digital journey. If you are a game changer with a hands on mentality join the team and let the adventure begin.
Tasks & responsibilities
- You design and build the next-generation of analytics engines and services based on your strong expertise in machine learning.
- The interactions with user / domain experts from all R&D functions helps you to understand problem statements and design machine learning use cases.
- Furthermore, you collaborate with developers, data engineers, UI/UX designers and architects for the implementation of scalable solutions.
- Through internal and external networking, collaboration and experimentation, you contribute to advancing the expertise at BI.
- You are looking forward to internalize trends in data science, including input from other industries and explore opportunities for innovative use cases in pharma R&D.
- PhD in computer sciences, mathematics, physics, bioinformatics or a related life sciences field
- Excellent knowledge and practical experience in machine learning and in working in multidisciplinary environments
- Experience in professional handling of large data volumes from various sources
- Excellent in scientific programming and profound knowledge in statistical analysis software and visualization tools (e.g. R, Python, Spotfire, Tableau, etc.)
- Strong communicator, open for innovation and a passionate team player
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Good compatibility of work and private life
- Flex-time and working remotely
- Personal Mentoring in onboarding
- Competitive salary plus bonus payments
Who we are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals.
As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
We look forward to receiving your online application!
For further information please contact Recruiting Services:
Mrs. Julia Miller, Tel: +49 (0) 7351/54-94190
Not exactly the position you are looking for? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested.