Senior Solutions Architect (Remote) at New Context Services (allows remote)
Posted 2 weeks ago
New Context is a rapidly growing consulting company in the heart of downtown San Francisco. We specialize in Lean Security: an approach that leads organizations to build better, safer software through hands-on technical and management consulting. We are a group of engineers who live and breathe Agile Infrastructure, Systems Automation, Cloud Orchestration, and Information & Application Security.
As a New Context Senior Solutions Architect, you will provide technical leadership with a hands-on approach. Our clients look to us to guide them to a solution that makes sense for them, and you should expect to provide thought leadership, design, and implement that solution.
We foster a tight-knit, highly-supportive environment where there are no stupid questions. Even if you may not know the answer immediately, you'll have the entire company supporting you via Slack, Zoom, or in-person. We also host a daily, all-company stand-up via Zoom, and a weekly company Retro, so you won't just be a name on an email.
At New Context, our core values are Humility, Integrity, Quality & Passion! Our employees live these values every single day.
Who You Are:
- A Solutions Architect with 10+ years work experience in a related role;
- Experienced in designing cloud platforms for highly regulated industries;
- Experienced in designing microservice architecture on Kubernetes;
- Fluent in one or more high-level languages, ideally Java, Ruby, and/or Python;
- Understanding of DevSecOps, CI/CD pipelines, and infrastructure as code;
- Experienced in API design/development, testing, and authentication/authorization strategies for applications;
- A believer in automated tests and their role in software engineering;
- Familiar with Open Source web technologies and their use in enterprise data platforms;
- Able to think on your feet and learn quickly on-the-job in order to meet the expectations of our clients;
- Experienced working with technical/non-technical external clients and customers;
- Happy and effective in a consulting role;
- A great teammate and a creative and independent thinker.
Bonus Points if You Are:
- Knowledgeable on the design of Healthcare IT platforms;
- Familiar with HIPAA, ISO 13485:2016, and/or IEC 62304:2006;
- Experienced with GCP administration;
- Familiar with HashiCorp product suite (Terraform, Vault, Packer, Consul);
- Comfortable presenting complex technical issues to C-suite executives.
We tailor solutions to our customers. You might work on projects using any of the following technologies:
- Automation: HashiCorp Product Suite (Terraform, Packer, Vault, Consul, Vagrant), Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Automated Testing
- Containerization Ecosystem: Kubernetes, Docker, Mesosphere, Rancher, CoreOS
- Cloud & Virtualization: AWS, GCP, Azure, OpenStack, Cloudstack, kvm, libvirt
- Tools: GitLab, Jenkins, Atlassian Suite, Pivotal Tracker, Git,
- Monitoring: SysDig, DataDog, AppDynamics, New Relic, Sentry, Nagios, Prometheus
- Databases/Datastores: Cassandra, Hadoop, Redis, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Security: Compliance Automation, Application Security, Firewalls, OSSEC, AuthN and AuthZ
We are committed to equal-employment principles, and we recognize the value of committed employees who feel they are being treated in an equitable and professional manner. We are passionate about finding ways to attract, develop and retain the talent and unique viewpoints needed to meet business objectives, and to recruit and employ highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities in which we live, because we believe that this diversity results in conversations which stimulate new and innovative ideas.
Employment policies and decisions on employment and promotion are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.