Shared Services QA Engineer
Posted 2 weeks ago
Posted: May 20,
Weekly Hours: 40
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple,
new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services,
Posted: May 20, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
The people here at Apple don't just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
Apple's Shared Services QA team is looking for a motivated, creative, and quality results focused individual to join our team. You will be responsible for developing the test strategy, leading, and executing testing for internal and customer facing AppleCare applications and systems.
- Detail-oriented, analytical, methodical and creative problem solver, committed to driving quality forward.
- Deep knowledge of software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, QA terminology and processes. Able to work effectively across a spectrum of Waterfall to Agile project environments.
- Prioritizes the development of strong and effective working partnerships with Product Owners, Developers, and other project team members.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with remote team members. Ability to work occasionally outside standard business hours.
- Skilled in developing and effectively communicating test strategies that separate the essential from the non-essential work.
- Focused on both current work and its future impact. Takes initiative to communicate potential future problems and develop both mitigation and resolution plan.
- Consistently curious and personally driven by innovative solutions to technical and non-technical challenges.
- Demonstrates both foresight and flexibility in managing the testing of multiple simultaneous projects. Is skilled in adjusting to late changes and smartly redirecting focus.
- Able and willing to setup testing data and directly assist in the testing effort.
- Takes ownership of responsibilities, seriously and consistently demonstrates integrity in their work ethic and output.
- Skilled in communicating the state of the product and testing to different audience types both in-person and remotely. Always delivers candid assessments.
- Experience with delivering presentations, hosting meetings, and testing checkpoints.
- Advocates for achieving excellence in all things, but able to smartly prioritize work and triage problems discovered during testing to achieve the best outcome possible.
- Experience with leading and coordinating testing efforts that include both internal and contract employees.
You will join a global team of hardworking individuals responsible for the testing of internal and customer facing AppleCare applications. In this role you will own the testing for a subset or the entirety of an application.
Working alongside project and development partners, you will create and execute on test plans with comprehensive coverage. Performing your own black-box testing, you will also coordinate testing performed by internal and external employees in addition to automated systems.
A prime candidate for this position will be adaptable, results oriented, and maintain a calm and positive outlook on work within a fast paced environment.
Education & Experience
BS/BA or equivalent experience