Executive in Charge of Post Production Technical Operations
Posted 2 weeks ago
Posted: Jun 26,
Weekly Hours: 40
We are looking for a candidate experienced
in post production to supervise all technical workflows from camera
Posted: Jun 26, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
We are looking for a candidate experienced in post production to supervise all technical workflows from camera capture through delivery as well as internal post production technical workflows for the Global Apple TV+ Original Content team. This role will research and test as well as educate and troubleshoot new technologies and equipment, work with vendors to facilitate needs for the Apple TV+ Original Content Team as well as its global productions.
- Required, executive level experience at a post facility, or as a technology executive at a studio or network minimum four (4) years.
- Required, experience in post production, fifteen(15) years minimum.
- Preferred, a candidate who has touched all classifications of post production content at some point in their career- theatrical, streaming, broadcast, scripted, non-scripted, animation, kids, and shorts.
- A detailed understanding of the post production pipeline and workflow processes from camera through delivery.
- Experience working with and leading technology, production, and post production vendors, streaming network deliveries and requirements.
- Experience with camera capture and dailies, 4KVFX/Animation pipelines and "remote" workflow technologies.
- Experience with adapting and educating new technologies that alter traditional workflows.
- An extensive knowledge of 4K and Dolby technologies.
- Experience with cloud-based technologies.
- Experience working with captured material from a variety of brands of cameras.
- Ability to design and implement internal post production pipelines as well as troubleshoot and work with productions on their content pipelines.
- Extensive post production technology vendor relationships.
- Knowledge of capturing techniques of (camera/animation) and of converting aspect ratios, frame rates, file codecs, file bit rates, and resolutions.
- Knowledge of the mastering and QC process, localization process, film workflow and restoration techniques.
- Experience working with multiple studios and preferable networks as well for both relationships and understand of other industry processes.
- Ability to learn and then educate new emerging technologies in production, animation, visual effects, and post production.
- Experience with forensic security controls (digital and physical), watermarking, and anti-piracy technologies.
- An appreciation for what the Apple brand stands for.
- Ability to work within a team and as a technology educator.
- Open minded to new insights, concepts, and technologies, as well as being pragmatic and innovative.
- A positive demeanor and solution oriented approach, as well as a good communicator.
Supervising, educating, and collaborating with all productions regarding new technology implementation (on-set and in post), content pipelines, and equipment used from camera capture to delivery.
Supervising, recommending, collaborating, and technically approving all remote workflows embraced by all productions.
Crafting, developing, and implementing innovative post production workflows for Apple Studios internal post production pipelines as well as productions.
Researching, recommending, educating, and implementing new ground breaking technologies and equipment for production, visual effects, animation, and post production.
Crafting, collaborating, innovating and implementing new technologies, cloud-based systems, and pipelines that satisfy new changing requirements and increase overall efficiency.
Crafting and maintaining relationships with technology and post production vendors as well as collaborating with procurement negotiations.
Working with industry wide professional technical organizations to keep in lockstep with current and emerging technologies.
Work with the Apple Team on other post production technology endeavors.
Collaborating, mentoring, and working as a teammate within the AppleTV+Original Content Post Production
Team, The Video Operations Team, Security Team, Safety Team, and Production Team as well as with each Apple
TV+ Original Content production.
Working with the post production Digital Media Management Group as well as the greater Apple Team on various pipeline, playback, and workflow projects.
Ensuring all security and anti-piracy policies and protocols are followed.
Troubleshooting technical problems on productions and internally in AppleTV+Original Content.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience required