Posted 2 weeks ago
Indianapolis, United States_
We've named our practice Valve+Meter because the variables we can manage with you are the flow and cost of new business. The "valve" part of our approach manages the right rate of new business for your operation, and we set our pricing with you not based on the activities we pursue but on the "metered" results we generate.
We exist to change the way businesses approach marketing by delivering abundance and accountability with a customer cost per acquisition strategy.
We inspire businesses to look at marketing as a revenue center rather than a cost center.
- Think: Focus. Find a way forward.
- Love: Act in the long-term best interest of another.
- Serve: Meet expectations. Go the extra mile.
- Transform: Create dramatic change. Be irreplaceable.
- Be Just: Be fair and transparent. Do no harm.
In a Nutshell
Valve+Meter is in search of a Web Developer to join our growing agency. If you love collaborating, innovating, and learning, then we want to hear from you. The ideal candidate will have a core focus in WordPress development with a secondary background in custom software development in PHP or other languages and frameworks.
Why this Role is Important
The Web Developer is a key contributor to our marketing services team. You will develop customized WordPress websites for our clients including backend wordpress development, theme preparation, and template implementation.
What Valve+Meter Offers
- Competitive Base Salary: $55,000 - $65,000.
- Excellent Benefits Package Including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision.
- 401(k) Match.
- Company-Paid Life Insurance Policy.
- YMCA Membership Assistance.
- Three Weeks of Paid Time Off.
- Ten Paid Holidays.
- Two Paid Service Days.
- Casual Dress Code.
- Pet Friendly Office.
- Alcohol Permitted Onsite.
- Environment for Fast Career Growth.
- Currently Offer Remote Work Option (evaluating this as a long-term option).
While the team is currently offering work-from-home flexibility due to COVID-19, applicants must be able to work out of the Indianapolis, Indiana office, when required.
What the Role Is
- Each V+M employee must represent our core values in each interaction.
- Our office is located in the Fort Ben Area of Indianapolis; all employees work from that location when the office is open.
- This role reports to the Director of Digital Marketing.
- Website Management.
- Website Development.
- Website Maintenance.
- Site Speed Optimization.
- Conversion Rate Optimization.
- Website Monitoring
- Turn custom .psd & Adobe XD designs into fully responsive and lightweight WordPress themes.
- Develop partial theme customization on projects with parallel development efforts.
- Customize WordPress functions, custom fields, and write unique plugins for client specific applications.
- Design, develop, and extend custom WordPress solutions to support unique client needs.
- Customize WP Admin for data input and leverage third party plugins (Such as ACF).
- Strategize and perform data migrations from other web platforms onto WordPress.
- Provide end-user WordPress technical support, instruction, and troubleshooting.
- Perform routine updates to WordPress core, plugins, and other dependencies.
- Monitor and analyze existing sites for opportunities for improvement and optimization.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary project stakeholders to ensure requirements are being met.
- Test all new and existing sites for performance, scalability and browser compatibility.
- Ensure compliance with all coding standards and web accessibility.
- Stay up to date on the latest community trends and make recommendations to the team.
- Productivity Suite: Google G Suite.
- Video Conference: Google Meet.
- Project Management: Asana.
- Time Tracking: Harvest.
- Instant Messaging: Slack.
- CRM: Pipedrive.
- Automation: Zapier.
- Password Manager: 1Password.
- Experience delivering results.
- Bachelor’s degree or Equivalent work experience.
- 1 year experience in developing for WordPress or other CMS platforms.
- Working knowledge of WordPress theme development including the template hierarchy, custom post types and taxonomies, custom loops, actions, filters, and PHP functions.
- Experience with version control systems such as Git/ GitLab.
- Knowledge of general best practices in web development, SEO, security, and scalability.
- Experience converting visual designs into clean, commented, valid templates.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a keen understanding of UI, UX and web design patterns.
- Should be a clear communicator, a self-starter, an open collaborator and deadline-oriented.
- Thorough understanding of responsive design principles for mobile development.
- Ability to balance projects and manage time efficiently.
- Strong communication skills to allow for efficient team collaboration.
- Experience working at a marketing agency.
- Full time experience in the position.
- Experience tracking time to specific clients and projects.
How to Apply
Submit your resume along with a cover letter. In that cover letter include one of your favorite websites and what you appreciate about it. We prefer resumes that do NOT include a personal photograph.
Agency calls are not appreciated.