Senior Engineer, Platform at Auth0 (allows remote)
Posted 2 weeks ago
Auth0 is a unicorn that just closed a $120M Series F round of funding, with total capital raised to date of $330M. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our teams and will help take us to the next level. One team, one score.
We never compromise on identity. You should never compromise yours either. We want you to bring your whole self to Auth0. If you're passionate, practice radical transparency to build trust and respect, and thrive when you're collaborating, experimenting and learning – this may be your ideal work environment. We are looking for team members that want to help us build upon what we have accomplished so far and make it better every day. N+1 > N.
Auth0 gives companies simple, powerful and developer-friendly building blocks so they can free up resources to focus on innovation. We strive to be the identity platform of choice for developers and Enterprises. We take our culture very seriously and are looking for people who are drawn to both our mission and our culture.
The Auth0 platform secures more than 100 million logins each day for customers all around the world - and we're growing fast! The Platform team enables Auth0 engineers to move faster by giving them tools to easily deploy and manage their services on Azure. This is a role with a huge impact. You will get to work with engineers throughout the organization and what you build will be a foundational piece of the infrastructure that allows Auth0 to scale for years to come.
You are a good fit if:
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Are proficient in Golang and Node.js.
- Have a deep understanding of Kubernetes and containerization.
- Are familiar with Azure infrastructure and cloud-native technologies.
- Have experience with infrastructure provisioning tools (e.g. Terraform, Packer).
- Are willing to take initiative and can unblock yourself to get things done.
- Tend to deliver work incrementally to get feedback and iterate over solutions.
- Have a passion for working on systems that are highly reliable, maintainable, scalable and secure.
- Are easy to work with: you communicate well, take feedback in a positive way and are OK not always doing the most glamorous tasks.
- Are comfortable working on a fully-distributed team.
- Implement a platform runtime that allows development teams to deploy and manage their services on Azure.
- Research and implement solutions that address cross cutting concerns such as service discovery, configuration, routing and scaling.
- Provide guidance to engineering teams to effectively operate on a container-based platform.
- Be on-call for all services and components owned by the Platform team.
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Salt).
- Experience with GitOps.
- Familiarity with gRPC.
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP and HTTP fundamentals.
- Aware of the best practices when creating Docker images.
- Familiarity with service mesh technologies such as Envoy and Istio.
- Experience working in a remote-friendly, asynchronous environment.
- #CAN; #US; #AR;
Thousands of enterprises and millions of users worldwide depend on Auth0 for authentication and authorization of their most mission-critical apps, APIs, and IoT devices. Auth0 safeguards more than 4.5 billion login transactions each month and its top priorities are availability and security.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.