Test Engineering Manager at Olo (allows remote)
Posted 2 weeks ago
The Quality Engineering group at Olo supports automated test initiatives for over 12 different engineering teams at Olo through our Test Engineering discipline. Our specialized skills range from UI test automation through API testing and on to load and performance testing. We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to guide our growing discipline and shape our cutting-edge test automation frameworks. This position is more than managing people or writing test scripts - you’ll set goals and execute strategies to meet them, all while facing rapid growth and scaling challenges. There’s never a boring day at Olo! Reporting into the Director of Quality Engineering, you will partner with Engineering and Product Managers, as you deliver effective test automation that supports key product and technology initiatives. As a servant leader, you will focus on not only the development of automated test solutions but will also hire and nurture our talented test engineering team. Our engineering tech stack is rooted in .NET (C# and F#) and SQL Server running in an AWS infrastructure and we use modern tools such as GitHub, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Datadog, and Sumo Logic, as well as heavy use of OSS. Our automated test frameworks leverage the same stack and tooling, while incorporating industry standards such as Selenium and k6.
What You'll Be Doing
- Collaborating with Quality Engineering leadership to design and deliver quality-focused programs and coaching to 12+ dev teams
- Recruiting, hiring, and nurturing a team of highly impactful SET talent
- Coaching and guiding direct reports via mentoring, one-on-one meetings, etc.
- Working with engineering managers, developers, quality advocates, and software engineers-in-test to identify and prioritize impactful test and task automation
- Evangelizing test automation as an essential component of continuous delivery (and continuous testing!)
- Reporting on automated test coverage and effectiveness across the company
- Facilitating innovative, reliable automated test solutions for multiple products
- Planning and managing the design, build and maintenance of test automation infrastructure in an AWS eco-system
- Staying abreast of internal architecture changes and how they affect automation frameworks
What We'll Expect From You
- A passion for test automation that extends beyond a day job
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and guide a high performing distributed team
- Solid management experience in a matrixed reporting structure, with a track record of success
- Recent hands-on experience with automated test solutions for APIs, modern UI’s, and SOA initiatives
- Proficient in C# with proven success in architecting both UI and API automated test solutions
- Experience in partnering with development teams to provide solutions that meet their needs and deliver trusted results
- Experience developing and executing automated test initiatives as projects, managing stakeholder expectations and tracking deliverables
- BS degree in a technical field of study, or equivalent professional experience
- Excellent English writing and verbal communication skills
- Legal right to work in the U.S.
What's Important to Olo
- Our families come first. We know they make us who we are and they are who we live and work for every day. Olo is our extended family. We’re in this together, fighting for one another. We’re happy to be here. We will not let one another down.
- We learn from and fight through setbacks. We recognize and help one another with direct feedback.
- We care about you. We offer 20 days of paid time off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan.
- We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed to doing our part to move the needle. Learn more about our culture, values, and mission. https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
COVID-19 Impact Olo is committed to the well-being of candidates, employees and our community. The Olo NYC Headquarters will be closed for the foreseeable future because of the global outbreak of COVID-19. While an in-person interview is typical for many roles at Olo, we will conduct interviews via video conferencing while our HQ is closed. Olo benefits from the fact that over half of our workforce is remote, therefore we are accustomed to conducting interviews via video conferencing and we anticipate no impact on our recruiting timelines. We encourage candidates to share any concerns or questions with Olo’s recruiting team.