Satellite Electrical Power Engineer
Posted 2 weeks ago
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS’ expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Satellite Electrical Power Engineer working on satellite systems to join our team located in Centennial, CO.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for providing electrical power subsystem subject matter expertise.
- Leads analysis, design, development, integration and testing of electrical power systems and components. To include design of power distribution units, power supplies, solar arrays and harnessing.
- Responsible for simulation and analysis of LEO/MEO and GEO satellite power systems.
- Provide box-level, spacecraft-level integration, testing and launch base support.
- Responsible for performing electrical power-related analysis, conceptual sizing and design of satellite power systems.
- Devises new approaches and develops new tools to resolve unusual or complex engineering problems.
- Troubleshoot conflicting design/development requirements.
- Support proposal and business development activities.
- Provides documentation and makes technical presentations as required.
- May represent the organization as the prime technical contact on some contracts or projects.
- Provides direction to design or technical staff and may lead a team of moderately experienced professional staff.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; six or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, four or more years of experience with a masters degree, or two or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance is required.
- US Citizenship is required.
- General understanding of spacecraft and launch vehicle systems/operation is desired.
- Experience in satellite electrical power subsystem design and operation is required
- Proficiency with using commercially available electrical components and analysis tools is highly desired. (MATLAB, STK, etc)
- Experience with developing custom electrical power design and analysis tools is desired.
- Demonstrates a detailed and technical expertise and application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice with the ability to organize, plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones with some experience in project leadership.
- Must possess the ability to develop and communicate new concepts; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; and, determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Travel Percentage Required 0% - 25%
- US Citizenship Required? Yes
- Clearance Required? No