Satellite Electrical Engineering Manager
Posted 2 weeks ago
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS' expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Satellite Electrical Engineering Manager to join our Orbital Technologies team located in Centennial, CO.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the planning, managing and technical performance of an engineering unit through all phases of assigned project(s) from inception through completion.
- Participate with technical staff, program managers and executive management to develop and implement current, annual and long-term technical, schedule, quality, business and financial objectives for the unit.
- Work with GA-EMS Engineering staff in the concept development and prototype design, integration, and test of embedded systems, circuit design and board layouts of satellite computer systems.
- Participate in and coordinate the establishment of design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research, development, testing, and integration.
- Interact internally with engineering team and/or with suppliers, vendors or customers to share information for problem resolution.
- May act as primary contact for engineering activities.
- May participate in the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract(s).
- Ensure technical leadership and excellence is maintained by participating in the planning, attraction, selection, retention, and development of the required management, professional, and technical talent.
- Identify engineering issues and provide leadership in developing solutions such as re-allocation of resources or modifying specifications.
- May participate in the development of new business opportunities and expansion of existing business opportunities.
- Generate electrical architecture solutions for new project needs, perform electrical engineering analyses for systems and circuits, document findings, communicate results to engineering and program management staff, give technical presentations, and manage technical effort schedules.
- Formulate plans, typically long-term, and coordinate solutions development and deployment including documentation, reporting, publishing, and making technical and other presentations to ensure viability of the solutions in an evolving environment.
- Plan for future applications of solutions based on new developments in engineering technology.
- Participate in or may lead the development of new or expansion of existing business opportunities.
- Communicate with colleagues and management throughout solution development and deployment cycles.
- Represent the company as a prime technical contact on contracts and/or projects and interact with senior external personnel on technical matters requiring coordination between the organizations.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a Bachelors, Masters or PhD in engineering or a related technical field as well as nine or more years of progressively complex engineering experience with at least three of those years having management responsibilities. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance is required.
- Required Experience: Mixed-signal (analog/digital) circuit design; embedded systems; analysis, design, and implementation of hardware systems to include digital, analog, and RF is required.
- Desirable Experience: Electronics design for Space Systems applications; embedded controls in power electronics or high-power computing; digital or microprocessor control of systems; deployment on the FPGA level, CPU/RTOS level; embedded systems architecture and project development for control of complex, high-consequence system-of-systems; familiarity with DoD technical review process (at a minimum: SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR)
- Desired Skills (ranked high to low and not limited to): Experience with C/C++, MATLAB/Simulink, Xilinx Vivado Design Suite, VHDL, PADS PCB Design Software, SPICE circuit simulation tools, Microsoft Project.
- Experience with design electronic systems for the space radiation environment, desired.
- Demonstrate an extensive technical expertise and application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice with the ability to organize, plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate workloads of an engineering unit to meet established deadlines or milestones with experience in project leadership.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills to effectively interface with other departments, customers, government representatives, and/or professionals.
- Customer-focused and able to formulate plans based on the development of innovative new designs in resolving advanced technical engineering problems.
- Some travel and extended work schedules may be required.
- US citizenship is required.
- Travel Percentage Required 0% - 25%
- US Citizenship Required? Yes
- Clearance Required? No