Drupal Development Manager at Interpersonal Frequency (allows remote)
Posted 3 days ago
Interpersonal Frequency (I.F.) is seeking a Drupal Development Manager to add to its growing team.
The Drupal Development Manager is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the Drupal technical staff, resources and processes required to achieve Interpersonal Frequency’s Purpose in alignment with its Principles and overall strategy. High level areas of responsibility include:
- Drupal technology emerging trend research and next generation tool recommendation, selection and implementation in support of overall I.F. technology strategy
- Drupal community involvement in support of overall I.F. engagement and presence strategy
- Management of team of geographically distributed Drupal developers including mentoring, recruiting and onboarding
- Software development operations leadership (standards, processes and tools including but not limited to the software development lifecycle)
While not primarily responsible for overall coordination, the Drupal Development Manager is responsible for collaboratively establishing, evolving and delivering:
- I.F. standard products, services and service delivery processes
- Client management strategy (in general and resolution of technical conflicts or issues associated with particular clients).
- Provide forward thinking Drupal technology leadership and direction both on a project basis and regarding Drupal practices more holistically.
- Roadmap Drupal-related evolution and lead initiatives to achieve roadmapped objectives.
- Lead development of technical systems architecture plans, estimates, costs, and ensure initiatives meet strategic needs
- Provide team leadership, vision, direction, and mentoring to geographically dispersed technical staff who design, develop and support I.F. products and services. Scale technical staffing to meet the demands of a growing business including hiring, training, and performance management.
- Advise on technical team resource planning in support of work scheduling and I.F. growth
- Derive technical work from client requirements
- Address and resolve technical delivery challenges and resolve issues
- Collaborate with Solutions Portfolio Manager and project managers to adjust priorities/work assignments based on new requests, technical issues as they arise or business development-related requests
- Collaborate with Solutions Portfolio Manager and implementation Project Managers to plan, coordinate, and supervise activities related to the technical design, development, and implementation of I.F. client products and services.
- Develop, deploy, integrate, support and enforce software development best practices, standards, tools and processes:
- Identify and exploit opportunities for technical efficiency and scaling (e.g. pattern, code reuse or automation, re/designing process for scale) and consistency of technical deliverables
- Identify gaps, improve and maintain team working processes and tools
- Provide direction on key project milestones from initiation to delivery and oversee scheduling and organization of departmental activities to ensure completion of projects and products on schedule within budget:
- Communicate and coordinate with client-facing project managers, account managers, and I.F. management stakeholders
- Manage internal technical I.F. projects and standard maintenance activities (e.g. planned and unplanned activities related to security and optimization updates)
- Coordinate I.F. technical response and troubleshooting activities
- Act as management authority regarding I.F. technical products and services in client-engagement activities including but not limited to shortlist interviews and kick-offs
- Responsible for technical escalations and related client facing communications support
- Define and manage technical operational process with software development-related I.F. third party providers (e.g., GitLab)
- You must either be a US Citizen or already have a Green Card to apply
- Five+ years experience building Drupal-based solutions
- Experience working closely with design and project teams throughout the software and infrastructure development life cycle:
- Strong software development, design and architecture experience; commitment to quality demonstrated through the ability to translate complex technical requirements into functional software using best practices.
- Strong process orientation and experience integrating tools to ensure seamless service delivery.
- Familiar with the principles of source control (e.g., Git or similar) and deployment strategies
- Strong people and collaboration skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and I.F. clients.
- Ability to drive a culture of quality and personal accountability
- Demonstrated ability to inspire trust in the team, other internal teams, and clients
- Ability to lead virtual teams in a matrix management environment
- Ability to challenge, to ask “why” in a collaborative and supportive way
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex issues/projects
- Demonstrated success in working in a highly collaborative team environment and ability to resolve conflict, while fostering a collaborative and communicative environment
- Ability to anticipate and adapt to changing conditions and opportunities
- Three to five years experience managing a remote technical team
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, manage and retain geographically distributed technical teams, including performance management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to interface effectively with colleagues, senior managers, business partners and clients, and the discernment to decide when to strongly advocate for a position and when to seek compromise.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills grounded in the attitude that every challenge is an opportunity to improve.
- Available to travel to various locations across the United States.
- Demonstrated commitment to I.F. Purpose & Principles based on employment history and experience and interview(s).
Why work with us?
- Fun, cutting edge remote work environment – ever changing, always a chat away from team members
- Your work directly impacts the lives of millions of Americans every day
- Healthcare, and Dental/Vision/Life/Disability plans
- Unlimited vacation, and a flexible schedule
- Work in a mostly virtual environment or a coworking location. If you work virtually, be prepared to travel at least once a quarter for face-to-face with the team.
Interpersonal Frequency LLC is an Equal-Opportunity Employer.