Program Manager at SemanticBits (allows remote)
Posted 4 days ago
Work Location: Windsor Mill, MD / REMOTE
SemanticBits is a mission-driven company which works side by side with customers to articulate a vision for success, and then make it happen. We know success doesn't happen by accident. It takes the right team of people, working together on the right solutions for the customer. We are looking for a Program Manager who will be our key driver to make this happen.
You will lead a set of Scrum teams in an immersive Agile environment. You will be the primary point of contact for a set of business capabilities being implemented by the Scrum teams, each team with a Scrum Master working under your guidance. You will be overseeing 40+ resources across numerous Scrum teams all working to transform healthcare delivery. You will advocate and evangelize a highly tuned Scrum-based Agile methodology, ensuring that the process and project teams self-improve over time.
The software is built using modern technologies, DevOps practices, and cloud-based infrastructure. The work setting is highly dynamic, with numerous project teams (each with multiple Scrum teams) working towards a common vision to deliver an integrated solution. This position is open to a mid-level to principal professional depending on experience.
- Advocate and spearhead Agile SDLC across teams and with the customer
- Maintain single point responsibility for the overall success of each project within your portfolio
- Establish communication and set and implement standards with the Scrum teams
- Handle resource requirements, including supervisory oversight
- Initiate, develop, and grow relationships within the team, across teams, and with the customer
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive Agile Program Roadmap for the business capabilities
- Work closely with executive management on the strategic goals and path for the teams
- Ensure stability and growth within the assigned domains
- Pursue new business development opportunities as they present themselves
- Hold managerial and administrative authority over designated business capabilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management, or related discipline and at least 10 years of relevant experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience;
- 3+ years of program management experience on software development projects managing 20+ resources
- 3+ years of experience managing two or more scrum teams in an Agile environment
- Strong familiarity with Agile project management software preferred (eg. Jira and Confluence).
- Experience monitoring teams in an Agile setting, reporting on progress, and making adjustments
- Ability to adjust to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Possess leadership skills to motivate your team to follow your direction; setting reasonable, challenging and clear expectations for individuals and holding them accountable
- Scrum certification required, SAFe certification preferred
- Ability to establish a positive working relationship with the client.
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Ability to be onsite 3-5 days a week in Windsor Mill, Maryland
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Well-tuned, interpersonal skills
- Candidate must reside in the United States
Nice to Have:
- Previous experience with Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Experience in healthcare domain strongly preferred
- Experience in federal contracting
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified
- Prior experience working remotely full-time
Physical and emotional requirements for the job:
This position requires the ability to work in an open work environment where privacy is limited and subject to some noise/distractions. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move standard electronic equipment. Employees are expected to make decisions in a timely manner and display emotional intelligence during occasional stressful situations.
- Generous base salary
- Three weeks of PTO
- Excellent health benefits program (Medical, dental and vision)
- 401k retirement plan. We contribute 3% of base salary irrespective of employee's contribution
- 100% paid short-term and long-term disability
- 100% paid life insurance
- Casual working environment
- Flexible office hours
- New laptop (Mac or PC - your choice)
SemanticBits, LLC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are also a veteran-friendly employer.