Solutions Engineer at Deepgram (San Francisco, CA) (allows remote)
Posted 3 weeks ago
At Deepgram, we’re on a mission to be The Speech Company — starting with providing the world’s best automatic speech recognition for business. We’ve scrapped traditional speech recognition methods for our patented end-to-end deep learning speech models built specifically for the needs of each customer. This allows enterprise data science and product teams to confidently tackle initiatives like building voice assistants for doctors, using AI to assist call center agents, automatically detecting good candidates to hire, and more.
Because we serve a diverse range of customers, our team prides itself on our willingness to learn and our tenacity to keep improving. This attitude has led to exciting growth and a recent fundraising round.
Deepgram is the leader in high performance computing (HPC) solutions for next-generation speech analytics. Our software works utilizes GPU hardware to provide a low-latency, high-throughput, scalable speech API that our customers engage with. At Deepgram, you would be primary point-of-contact between Deepgram’s cutting-edge services and our customers, driving and shaping the future direction of product development and working with customers to ensure they are fully leveraging Deepgram’s product offerings, and building software to help customers get the most out of Deepgram's Speech API. You will partner across all departments including significant collaboration with Deepgram executives to grow and shape the company.
- Being the first point of contact for customers as the technical lead on client-facing work
- Interfacing with customers via in-person meetings, Slack channel communication, and calls
- Being an encyclopedia of knowledge and how-to’s on using Deepgram’s API
- Helping potential and future customers understand how Deepgram can aid them in achieving their goals.
- Ensuring successful client deployments, from PoCs to production implementations.
- Gathering feedback from the field about new services, features, and/or products.
- Helping create collateral to inform customers and propel the sales cycle
- Sharing feedback with the engineering, product, and marketing team to solve customer confusion and frustration points
- Building and giving demos of Deepgram’s software
- Building software integrations for customers utilizing Deepgram’s API
- Competence in a systems language, such as C, C++, or Rust (preferably Rust), with competence in Python.
- Familiarity with one or more front-end languages/frameworks (preferably Rust+WASM, Vue, or Elm).
- Competence with UNIX-style systems.
- Competence working on remote systems.
- Careful attention to API documentation and ability to translate between technical jargon and customer asks.
- Exceptional customer facing communication and collaboration with internal sales, engineering, and customer success teams.