Cloud Native Python Developer at Railroad19 (allows remote)
Posted 3 weeks ago
Due to continuous growth, we are currently seeking several Cloud Python Developers(AWS). In addition to contributing code and tangible deliverables, you will be expected to work as an advisor to help identify, educate, and foster best-in-class solutions. Creating these relationships requires strong communication skills and a passion for solving complex challenges.
At Railroad19, Inc., we build custom solutions and provide our clients with top tier development services. We’re a specialized team of developers and architects, which means, we only bring an “A” team to the table. Our culture is built on hard work and a desire to be thought leaders in the industry, this is what sets Railroad19 apart.
When you join Railroad19 you are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed, while offering you a work/life balance. We are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, New York, but we are a distributed team across the US.
This is a full-time position with comprehensive benefits, vacation, 401k and more. Railroad19 provides competitive compensation with excellent benefits and a great corporate culture.
The role is remote role (U.S. Only), only full time (NO- contractors, Corp-to-Corp or 1099).
- Minimum 6 years of related experience in software engineering, or an equivalent combination of education/experience
- Understand our client's fast-moving business requirements and work effectively in teams and with the client.
- be able to understand business requirements and work effectively in teams and with the client.
- Negotiate appropriate solutions with multiple stake-holders
- Write and maintain scalable enterprise quality software while building serverless cloud with Python
- Proficiency in Python and AWS Cloud
- Build Microservices that connect to NoSQL databases, DynamoDB preferred
- Experience working in secured internal network environments and complex cloud networks
- Build software components that integrate with a workflow engine and/or ESB to execute asynchronous business processes
- Manage the complete software development life cycle
- Writing functional and unit tests to maintain code quality
- Write software using modern software engineering techniques that minimize defects.
- Identify new opportunities, tools, and services to enhance the custom software platform
- Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system), identify root cause, and proactively recommend sustainable corrective actions
Skills & Experience:
- Advanced Python development experience
- Hands-on experience managing distributed systems and clusters
- Experience building cloud applications with AWS serverless technologies
- Experience with distributed messaging and streaming services such as Kafka / Kinesis / SQS
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in delivering working software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience participating on an agile team
- Is self-directed and can effectively contribute with little supervision
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or another technical discipline
Competitive salaries and eligibility for a yearly bonus
Excellent Health Care, Dental and Vision benefits
3 weeks vacation, 401K match eligibility, work-life balance
This is a non-management position
This is a full-time position