Senior Mobile Engineer (React Native) at Unanet, Inc. (Sterling, VA) (allows remote)
Posted a week ago
We are seeking a Senior Mobile Engineer to help build out our new mobile application offering (React Native). You will help build out new mobile access points in React Native. This is a greenfield development opportunity to build and augment well-designed, highly performant mobile apps that support complex business rules.
The ideal candidate will look not only to help contribute, collaborate, and develop their career, but will be hungry to assist others in the development of their own careers as well.
- Contribute to delivering our new native mobile application
- Collaborate with other teams to build shared microservices that can serve many applications and scale independently
- Enable our product team to tap into our valuable data sources and build incredible features for our customers
- Actively participate in multiple Unanet development projects and work together to build high-quality solutions
- Provide constructive feedback on pull requests to increase code quality organically
Your First 30 Days
With support from our Team/Tech Leads, you will immerse yourself in our virtual bootcamp. You will be assigned a single Scrum Team and will work with our Lead Developer, as well as QA and DevOps team to better understand the current product offering (ReactJS/React Native) and take on sprint deliverables. In addition, you will be immersed in our other product offerings to better understand our overall tech stack and our go-forward technical roadmap strategy.
Your First 60 Days
Along with user stories and product features, you will help work on a backlog of work identified by your scrum team. In addition, you will continue to contribute to an efficient and effective SDLC process and work to better support your Scrum Team.
Your First 90 Days
You will play an integral role in delivering our V1 mobile application in Q4 2020. You will help instill the discipline of effectively monitoring and creating work items from production issues for early adopters. Additionally, you will continue to help implement our technical roadmap and infrastructure items.
We need developers that share our passion for building and scaling cutting-edge web and mobile Apps in a fast-paced startup - one that already has the benefit of thousands of customers and millions of dollars in revenue. We are looking for candidates who have:
- 5+ years experience developing native mobile applications
- 4+ years React, Angular or other frameworks
- Ability to flesh out user stories to be consumed by the rest of the team
- Experience working in an agile environment (e.g., Scrum, Kanban)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent technical design, problem-solving and debugging skills
More About You
- Ability to work and collaboration with team members remotely
- You’ve shipped and supported customer-facing, multi-functional native mobile apps
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent engineering degree