3D Application Developer
Posted a week ago
Modest Tree is the creator of the award-winning Modest3D software for rapidly creating 3D interactive training solutions and virtual reality experiences. Modest Tree provides solution services, developing 3D immersive training solutions and marketing experiences utilizing virtual reality and augmented reality. We work with leading global enterprises to help them develop and scale XR applications. We are recognized as a leader in training and defence and work with international clients who require solutions and software to visualize complex equipment or detailed processes. Modest Tree is North American Microsoft Mixed Reality Partner and has offices in Nova Scotia, Canada and Germany.
Based on increased demand for our XR (extended reality) solutions that support remote work we are growing and seeking to add high-caliber, experienced software developers to our team.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS THE FOLLOWING SKILLS/ATTRIBUTES
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience developing in software development utilizing an object-oriented language, preferably C#
- You are confident working in game development platforms and have done professional work using 3D game engines.
- You are experienced working as part of a software development team and collaborating with a team to bring forth novel solutions and provide your feedback on approaches for development. You thrive on learning new technologies and have a history taking on challenges in your work.
- You work best if given a problem and then seek out options for how that problem may be solved. You thrive on technical challenges and enjoy being on the leading edge.
- You are an expert in the Unity3D development platform
- You have an appreciation for object-oriented design principles such as SOLID
- You want to constantly be learning and growing as a programmer. You enjoy working on tech that is pushing the limits
- 3D math skills are key to game programming so trigonometry and vectors should be your friends
- A strong drive, work ethic and attention to detail are essential
- Familiarity with Git required
- You also must be comfortable independently prioritizing tasks
- You are someone that takes a lot of pride in your work and it shows. A github showing some of your past work is the type of thing we like to see with an application
- Work closely with team members to define and create effective and creative interactive training software
- Develop 3D training applications for the latest technologies ,HoloLens and Various VR headsets
- Consistently write, translate, and code products according to specifications and best practices
- Identity and resolve bugs efficiently
- Assist in identifying, defining and documenting development requirements and specifications
- Assist in quality assurance activities, as required
- Research emerging application development software applications, products, languages and standards in support of development efforts
- Other duties as required
Compensation is based on the level of knowledge and experience. We offer a health/dental benefits plan and flexible work hours.
If you feel you meet the qualifications for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include 3D Interactive Software Developer in the subject line of your application.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about Modest Tree, visit our website at: www.modesttree.com.