Data Engineer at Strong Analytics (Chicago, IL) (allows remote)
Posted 4 days ago
Strong Analytics is seeking a full-time, remote data engineer to collaborate with our team building and managing data pipelines, embedding statistical algorithms in robust applications, and deploying machine learning applications to the cloud.
This role requires advanced Python programming and SQL, as well as experience deploying applications to AWS and distributed data processing (e.g., Spark).
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Profit sharing or equity, based on experience
- 100%-covered Health insurance for employees, 75%-covered dependents
- Four weeks PTO
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Personalized monthly perks and matched charitable donations
Candidates will be evaluated based on their skills with the following technologies/workflows:
- Relational databases (e.g., Postgres, MySQL)
- Distributed computation (e.g., Spark, Hive, Athena)
- Cloud infrastructure (we use AWS)
- General application (e.g., web API) development
- Git collaboration
All applicants will be considered based on their experience and demonstrated skill/aptitude, not formal education.
Applicants should have the ability to travel infrequently (<5% of your time) for team meetings, conferences, and occasional client site visits.