Head of Engineering at All Turtles (allows remote)
Posted 7 days ago
All Turtles is a mission-driven product studio. We solve clear, meaningful problems felt by people and companies alike, and make products with simple, direct business models. Based in San Francisco and Tokyo, our collaborative multi-disciplinary team is distributed across the US and Japan.
As the Head of Engineering, you’ll be responsible for all engineering work at All Turtles. Your time will be split between hands-on software development, hiring, and mentorship of the engineering team, and leading the business as a member of the executive team. You're the right person for the job if you enjoy variety in your daily routine, value having both breadth and depth in your responsibilities, and want to maintain a balance of leadership and hands-on contribution.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Hiring, managing and mentoring engineering team members.
- Partnering with peers in product and design to lead projects.
- Helping to establish team culture and development processes.
- Setting technical direction for new products, including choosing the tech stack and defining product architecture.
- Providing technical input to the product design process.
- Doing hands-on development.
- Providing mentorship and advice to other technical teams across the company.
Ideally, you’ll have:
- Experience leading teams of engineers who build end-user products and the backend services that power them.
- Built complex products from scratch.
- Strong technical skills, including systems design, security and scalability.
- Experience working on small cross-functional teams that include designers.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with an aptitude to convey clear thoughts and ideas.
- A track record of delivering on ambitious goals.
- Worked in a startup environment. You’re comfortable with ambiguity and change.
This is a full-time, permanent position reporting to the COO. This role can be based in any location. Since our distributed team works across US time zones, US-based applicants are preferred. We offer comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance to our employees and their dependents, as well as a suite of optional benefits and perks programs including parental leave and flexible PTO.
All Turtles is committed to creating a diverse team. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.