Senior Software Engineer at Velocity Works, LLC (Pittsburgh, PA) (allows remote)
Posted 3 weeks ago
Velocity Works is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team in our Pittsburgh office. This person is responsible for the end-to-end planning, building, and deploying of our software systems. He/she will be able to drive the programming of well-constructed, testable code.
The ideal candidate will have a broad technical background, a solid proficiency in Angular and Spring Boot, and a natural curiosity for producing effective solutions. This person is patient, has excellent time-management skills, and practices of effective communication style.
- Design and develop - Foster and engineer software solutions from conception to deployment. Evaluate customer requirements and determine existing product reach, potential restrictions, and future development feasibility. Work independently while testing all software in a fluid environment, facilitating verification and quality assurance throughout.
- Coordinate and support - Maintain direct communication with the customer to understand needs throughout the software development lifecycle. Work with the engineering team to execute timely and cost-effective solutions. Provide on-going support and maintenance to the customer as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
- Two years of experience is required
- High proficiency in database schema design, Amazon Web Services, Angular, Java and Spring Boot
About Velocity Works:
Velocity Works is a boutique software development consultancy dedicated to superior project management and solution architecture.
Velocity Works' benefits include 100% paid health, dental and vision premiums. Employees can also take advantage of remote and flexible work schedules.