NetOps Engineer at Audacious Inquiry (Baltimore, MD) (allows remote)
Posted 2 weeks ago
Audacious Inquiry is looking for an experienced NetOps Engineer to play a key part in deploying technology that makes a real difference in healthcare across the US. By pioneering health information exchange technology that has shaped industry standards, we are continuously raising the bar for how health data is shared, managed, leveraged, and protected. Organizations turn to us to design and develop innovative solutions to healthcare information problems.
- Responsible for managing and operation of networks for all environments.
- Responsible for diagraming and documenting current and future network designs.
- Maintains Ai’s external connections via VPN, TLS, API Gateway.
- Maintains Ai’s internal connections, route tables, and creation of new VPCs.
- Is the technical lead on new VPN and TLS connections.
- Leads VPN migration projects from on-prem datacenter to Ai’s AWS cloud.
- Participates in Ai’s Architectural Review Board and advise on cloud network best practices.
- Works with Ai security team on best practices, known risks, and recommendations.
- Mentors engineers and peers.
- Participates in the creation of strategic roadmaps by understanding the needs of the business and mapping technical objectives to those needs.
- Creates high level reference architecture documentation to meet the technology needs of various stakeholders.
- Works autonomously to build customized solutions to meet business needs.
- Effectively communicates solutions architecture to management as well as to business stakeholders and the project teams.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Significant experience designing, deploying, and supporting production cloud environments, particularly multi-region/multi-AZ environments.
- Specific knowledge of AWS Networking services included but not limited to:
- VPC, Transit Gateways, Private Link, Route 53, Firewall Manager, CloudFront, SHIELD
- Continuous network monitoring and logging of all applications layers and all infrastructure (e.g. CloudWatch, New Relic, DataDog, Sumologic).
- Expertise with proxy services, load-balancing, and application delivery (Nginx, HAProxy).
- Experience configuring firewalls and firewall policie
- Continuous alerting and notification based on monitors and logs (e.g. OpsGenie).
- Expert routing skills (BGP/OSPF/EIGRP).
- Understanding of overlay networking and Kubernetes container network interface plugins.
- Infrastructure-as-code via Terraform and CloudFormation.
- Linux Administration experience a plus.
- Experience with Corporate Wireless and LAN networking.
- Working knowledge of DNS and DNS best practices.
- Ability to troubleshoot and identify connectivity issues related to all layers of the OSI Model
- AWS Advance Networking Certification preferred but not required.
- Has a security first mindset
This position may include access to protected health information (PHI) and confidential information. The successful candidate will be required to complete training and must handle all PHI appropriately according to Ai policies, and all applicable laws and regulations.
What Makes You a Great Fit for Audacious Inquiry:
- You are a lifelong learner and passionate about learning new things, taking on new challenges, and continually improving.
- You thrive in a challenging and collaborative environment.
- You are solution-driven with an ability to understand the big picture
- You have great analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You have strong communication skills and an ability to synthesize information.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and able to work autonomously with minimal direction.
Ai is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Audacious Inquiry is deeply committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusiveness. We seek to create a pluralistic community for all team members, and we are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We encourage all people to apply