Programmer Analyst at Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.® (allows remote)
Posted 2 weeks ago
Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of dynamic programming team and in a great working environment? If so, this position could be for you! Jack Henry is seeking a seasoned Programmer Analyst for an environment that is composed of small teams but within a large department focusing on RPG or iSeries/AS400 programming that support JHA's core processing products (20/20, SilverLake and Core Director). Candidates will be focused on core application customer support by using their coding experience to fix base code, correct programming errors, bug fixes and troubleshooting. Jack Henry offers a great working culture, competitive benefits package and great career advancement.
Jack Henry and Associates Banking Operations Support team provides technical support of all core products to both in-house and outsourced customers. This team is also responsible for developing, unit testing and delivering software defects to customers as well as develop custom coding requested by bank institutions.
- Minimum of 18 months of programming experience in any language in a professional and/or educational environment.
- Must participate in an on-call rotation including nights & weekends.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- RPG Programming.
- Develops programming code for new and/or existing software enhancements.
- Provides support to customers.
- Devises block diagrams, logic procedures and prepares flowcharting.
- Troubleshoots and debugs existing code.
- Tests code and fixes to ensure quality.
- Develops conversion and system implementation plans; implements newly created code and fixes into existing software.
- Provides programming support for various interfaces.
- Keeps customers informed of all enhancements, troubleshooting, and fixes; may assist the customer in determining if and how system enhancements may improve process flow and business function.
- Creates all programming documentation; may include defining the system and functional requirements of the product
- May complete project bids and/or work effort estimates. Interacts with customers to gather system requirements