Senior Security Engineer (m/w/x) - remote possible at Jimdo (allows remote)
Posted a week ago
At Jimdo, our mission is to help small businesses start, grow, and ultimately thrive online. Small businesses face new challenges with very little support or recognition. We know how hard this can be, because we have been in their position. That’s where you can help us—by designing intuitive tools to help small businesses solve complex problems.
With a forward-leaning and self-driven attitude, we continue to find new ways to help our customers get their ideas out into the world. As a team, we run at a steady pace to achieve what we aim for. We learn best by gathering data, trying new things, and sometimes even falling down along the way. It’s the lessons we learn in the process that make us better problem-solvers for small business owners.
If you’re motivated by our mission and excited to roll up your sleeves, try new things, learn from mistakes, and make a difference to small businesses around the world, we would love to work with you.
We are happy to invite you to work with us in our office in Hamburg or permanently remote from any location. Wherever your working location of choice will be, we will make sure you get proper onboarding (virtual or in person) and that you are fully equipped to become part of the team from day one.
Regarding candidates who want to relocate to Hamburg: Due to COVID our offices are temporarily closed. We will invite you to start working with us from your current location for the time being. Once the borders are reopened, and the Embassies accept visa applications again, we will initiate the relocation process to Hamburg. Until then, you will be invited to work with us remotely with a temporary contract.
- Drive security initiatives, define best-practices and goals around security.
- Improve engineering- and security standards, as well as tooling and processes.
- Lead incident response efforts.
- Implement new features that help users to successfully run their businesses and share their ideas. That’s what they love about us!
- Enrich the Jimdo products by designing, building, and maintaining APIs, services, and systems.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- You have at least 6 years of professional experience supporting and building services following OWASP security standards.
- Expert in topics like User Data Management, Blackbox- and Whitebox PenTesting, Data Protection Techniques.
- Deep understanding of AWS security tools.
- Experience in leading cross-team efforts.
- You are comfortable working in different parts of the stack.
- You have excellent software development skills in multiple languages and environments (for example Java/Kotlin, NodeJS, Python, Go).
- You have experience building and running production systems.
- You have experience with database and schema design (e.g. MySQL, Postgres, DynamoDB).
Nice to have
- CISSP certification
- You have experience with Cloud computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
Jimdo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don’t discriminate based on race or ethnic origin, color, the language(s) you speak, where you (or your parents) are from, or whether or not you consider yourself to have a disability. Neither will your age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, beliefs, or political opinions play a part in your application with us. We’re a diverse team in so many ways, and we love it that way.