Senior Data Engineer at PowerInbox (allows remote)
Posted 7 days ago
If you join us, what will you do?
Build and maintain a real-time big data pipeline and reporting system for Powerinbox. The data pipeline will feed our AI and analytics platform. The reporting system will automatically distribute reports to recipients on a configurable schedule. As needed, you will provide special reports as requested by the sales and operations teams. This role offers opportunities to work with big data, data science, cloud computing, and the latest software technology.
- Build and maintain a data pipeline for machine learning.
- Assist with the development of a data warehouse on which reports are derived.
- Process 8 billion event transactions each month.
- Assure data is captured and stored without loss.
- Write code to provide reports to business and data science.
- Write a system that will run reports on a configurable schedule.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests for information.
In order to be great at your job,
A fast learner; have great analytical skills; relentless and persistent in accomplishing goals; enthusiastic with an infectious personality.
Efficiently; with flexibility; proactively; with attention to detail; high standards.
Emphasize honesty and integrity; require teamwork; have open communication; follow-through on commitments; stay calm under pressure.
- 4-6 years of experience with Python or Java
- Three or more years of experience developing and operating data engineering solutions in the cloud (preferably with AWS)
- Three or more years working with distributed big data systems (e.g. Hadoop, Redshift)
- Professional experience building data science systems with experience building out data pipelines and ETL processes for machine learning
This is extra, but if you have it, it will make us happy
- Experience working remotely
- Knowledge in the digital and AdTech landscape