Senior Fullstack Engineer (Remote) at Web Summit (allows remote)
Posted a week ago
In the words of Inc. magazine, “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of nearly 200 employees, including world class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category-defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America.
We’re just getting started!
About the team:
Web Summit Engineering consists of several cross-functional teams, working on tools and systems that help our attendees maximise their conference experience.
We’re looking for a Senior Fullstack Engineer to influence and motivate our high-performing applications team, responsible for the development of core products that are key to the attendee experience.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
- You’ll influence the architecture and development direction of the Applications/Product teams to ensure quality code is written and excellent products are built.
- You’ll work across the software stack to deliver high-quality, maintainable and scalable code that can power the best conferences in the world.
- You’ll share knowledge with other team members via mentoring, code reviews, technical talks, or consulting on projects.
- You’ll be heavily involved in the front-end design and development team, taking the lead on projects and new product design.
Who you are:
- You care deeply about engineering culture and the quality of products you and your team build.
- You drive change actively as you believe everything can be constantly improved.
- You have knowledge of a broad spectrum of products and recent developments and can make smart choices about technologies that should be adopted.
- You are keen to mentor and grow in the team, achieving lasting and significant goals.
- You like to be constantly challenged, working on a variety of different projects and products, and interacting with sales, operations and production teams.
- You love to see our customers using and benefitting from your software in real time at our conferences.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Ability to understand large, complex distributed systems with many moving, interrelated parts.
- Demonstrable experience developing websites, applications and CMS.
- Commercial experience in an OOP language. We use a services architecture, with existing RESTful Apis in Ruby, but open to JVM, Kotlin, and Python, to name a few.
- Linux and Postgres experience ideal.
- Strong SDLC principles, TDD and CI/CD understanding.
- DevOps experience is a big plus.
- Comfortable working in Scrum/Kanban environment, with Git Pull/code reviews.