Senior Android Engineer at Jibble (allows remote)
Posted 2 weeks ago
About The Job
We’re looking for a highly experienced Android engineer to contribute to the next major version of the Jibble app. As part of an ambitious team you’ll work with a cutting edge tech stack. Continuous learning and applying new and emerging technologies and methodologies make this an exciting opportunity for you to expand and deepen your skills on the job.
You will be working in a team of 13 engineers from 8 different countries, operating in bi-weekly sprints with daily stand-ups. We apply Kanban methodology in the development process and impact is continuously measured.
Besides Android development, you will be involved in the design process - offering feedback and input in meetings with product managers and designers when planning new features and products.
The position offers a competitive salary, paid holidays and a fully remote work environment. When possible, we organise annual meetups in varying locations to work and socialise with the entire team.
Who we are looking for:
- At least 2+ years of mobile development using Kotlin
- Good understanding of DI concepts
- Practical experience of MVVM design pattern implementation
- Deep understanding of Unit Tests
- Experience in using Mocks
- Experience working in remote teams is an advantage
- Agile (Kanban) software development experience
- At least one published app written with Kotlin
- Located within UTC - UTC+8 time zones
What you will do:
- Building the Jibble mobile applications using Kotlin
- Creating pixel perfect design applying Material Design Guidelines
- Working on new features of the mobile application and improving existing features
- Ensuring code quality and standards while meeting deadlines and delivering targets set by the product team
- Working closely with product managers and data analysts to improve the overall product
- Working with the design team to improve the overall mobile user experience
- Communicating with backend team to discuss and design APIs for new features