Swift Developer at eyeo GmbH (Cologne, Germany) (allows remote)
Posted a week ago
Get to know us
eyeo is an open-source software company that builds products like Adblock Plus, Adblock Browser and Flattr. By leveraging distribution partnerships, we bring ad-blocking technology everywhere, giving users control over their online experience while offering creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the free content they provide.
In combining our reach based on distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 150 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
You will be joining the core ad blocking team, a globally distributed team that works on multiple projects. Depending on priorities, we decide how we want to work on each level. We have bi-weekly video meetings, and most of our communication happens over chat Mattermost, email and our own issue tracking system.
After your morning coffee, you'll be expected to...
- Work as part of a small team to develop and maintain ABPKit framework
- Work with Objective-C and Swift codebase
- Improve the current source code, including memory management, concurrent and parallel operations, mutable state handling, integration with web technologies, etc.
- Work on products that haven’t yet been developed
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Provide input about future product directions
- Assist with framework delivery
What you bring to the table...
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Proficient with Swift and Objective-C
- Experience with Reactive Extensions (RxSwift, Combine)
- Understands how package managers(Cocoapods, Carthage, SPM) on apple platforms work
- Experience with CI/CD workflow
- Experience in writing unit tests that bring value to the project
- Proactive problem solver with a good attitude
- Fluent in both verbal and written English
It's awesome, but not required, if you know about...
- Experience in developing cross-platform frameworks
- Experience in content blocking
- Experience working in an agile team
- Experience in Open Source
- Familiarity with the Safari Extensions model
- Familiarity with WKWebView
- Interest in learning and applying functional programming
What we offer
- Work from home, one of our offices, or a co-working space—we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office, co-working space, or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 26 days paid vacation days
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly childcare stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons