(Senior) Software Engineer at Hypatos GmbH (Berlin, Deutschland) (allows remote)
Posted a week ago
Hypatos is the leader in applying deep learning technology to automate back office tasks. We build advanced machine learning models to process complex documents. Our technology is in high demand because it brings a step change to organizational efficiency. We are improving the way hundreds of millions of people work every day. Join us and change work for good.
To achieve our goals, we need your support!
- You'll work with others to build new product features from start to finish: through conception, research, implementation, and maintenance.
- You'll help improve performance and reliability, or polish existing features to ensure that the codebase meets the highest standards.
- Thoughtful problem-solving: For you, problem-solving starts with a clear and accurate understanding of the context. You can decompose tricky problems and work towards a clean solution. You're comfortable asking for help when you get stuck.
- Software craftsmanship: You can design robust backend services using modern languages such as Go, Python, and Java/Kotlin and expose clean and structured APIs. You are able to run what you build by configuring applications for production deployment (e.g. write manifests for Kubernetes or other orchestration solutions).
- Data storage experience: You have experience managing and using data storage solutions such as MySQL, Postgres, and MongoDB. You understand how data can be structured in different ways to fulfill efficiently different use cases.
- Pragmatic and business-oriented: You care about the business impact of what you're building, and you prioritize accordingly. You're not just going after cool stuff—you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
- Not ideological about technology: To you, technologies and programming languages are about tradeoffs. You may be opinionated, but you're not ideological and can learn new technologies as you go.
- Team player: You enjoy collaborating cross-functionally to accomplish shared goals, and you care about learning, growing, and helping others to do the same. You communicate nuanced ideas clearly, whether you are explaining technical decisions in writing or brainstorming in real-time. In disagreements, you engage thoughtfully with other perspectives and compromise when needed.
- Infrastructure expertise: You have experience in implementing highly automated infrastructure, monitoring production systems, and managing resource constraints.
- You will be able to personally and professionally grow with a young and striving company through technically challenging, diverse and increasingly international projects
- Beyond an individually negotiated compensation package including company shares, you will enjoy a unique combination of professional opportunities, entrepreneurial spirit, technological excellence and industry exposure
- Care about your development: weekly one-on-one with your lead
- Flexible working hours and a pleasant working environment