Remote Data Center Site Manager
Posted 4 days ago
Posted: Jan 11,
Weekly Hours: 40
Home Office: Yes
At Apple, we
embrace diversity, continuously strive for excellence, and thrive
in an environ...Summary
Posted: Jan 11, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Home Office: Yes
At Apple, we embrace diversity, continuously strive for excellence, and thrive in an environment of innovation and collaboration. We are actively seeking a Data Center Operations (DCO) Remote Site Manager who will excel among a team of problem solvers and doers, committed to working in a high-demand environment that values continuous improvement, adopts change!
Remote Site Manager will provide focused, expert-level functional knowledge and in support of DCO. This role is responsible for providing direct support for the datacenter service's uptime as well as supervision to a team of Domestic and International Personnel. We are a fast-moving, dynamic environment where flexibility and adaptability are key attributes needed for success. Excellent project and time-management skills, with an ability to organize and drive critical tasks and objectives in support of organizational goals is valued.
- 5 + years of management experience in a fast-paced data center or equivalent environment.
- Strategic thinker who understands the complexities of how the different functions within a datacenter intersect.
- Ability to inspire, coach, train, and develop personnel to consistently provide extraordinary customer service and aim for results.
- Ability to forge collaborative relationships with cross-functional teams and vendors.
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to tailor your message to your audience.
- Experience communicating technical information detailing specific projects or schedules.
- Experience leading a team of both managers and individual contributors alike
- IT management experience, candidate should have had installation, delivery or operations management of an IT environment for 5 years.
- Experience in working with servers, storage hardware or network hardware for at least 5 years.
- Strong understanding of operating Data Centers in international locations. Including regional labor requirements, Logistics requirements, and financial regulations.
The Remote Data Center Site Manager is responsible for a team executing on the installation, service, repair, support maintenance and decommissioning of network, storage and compute assets in our Collocation Sites. The site manager works closely with various planning teams on installation forecasts, builds of IT cabinets and both manages and reports on space and power consumption. An understanding of datacenter power and cooling principles is used to improve efficiency of the datacenter. Additionally the site services manager will interact directly with the local and remote data center facility managers to ensure the uptime of the environments.
The candidate will have an opportunity to work cross functionally with internal business groups to provide outstanding service as well as work with internal support groups such as the NOC and SRE teams on process improvements as well as partnerships for monitoring and issue resolutions. Keeping Apple's services online while continuing to install capacity are key responsibilities for this role in addition to reporting on key performance indicators.
Education & Experience
Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience encouraged
- Preferred location: Maiden NC
- Remote location could also reside: Mesa, AZ, Dallas, TX, Austin,TX