Software Engineer in Test (remote) at Web Summit (allows remote)
Posted 2 days ago
In the words of Inc Magazine “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is, it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of more than 240 employees, including world-class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now, we’re creating category-defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America.
About the team:
We’re looking for an experienced Software Engineer in Test to join our growing Product Engineering team at Web Summit - building out our services architecture and delivering key attendee and business tools and systems. The engineering team is broken up into smaller cross-functional teams delivering different business projects like ad-automation, core data APIs, attendee web applications and internal optimisation tools.
At Web Summit we believe that the power of data and engineering can be applied to every facet of our events to optimise the attendee experience. Whatever projects you take on, you’ll work closely with our UX engineers, data scientists, event engineers and web developers across all our conferences: Web Summit in Lisbon and Collision in Toronto.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
- You will discuss and evangelize the benefits of a proper testing culture inside teams, spanning from unit tests to integration tests to end-to-end tests
- You’ll be responsible for the quality of a suite of software systems used to deliver our international conferences.
- You’ll work with cross functional teams of engineers, SRE’s, mobile developers and product owners.
- You’ll implement software testing processes across many projects, working with engineers on code quality through exploratory and automated tests.
- You will help teams with test ownership, providing knowledge, explaining best practices, and when necessary creating or helping create testing libraries and frameworks that abstract components and that can be used by developers to code their own test suites
- You will be able to provide guidance across different paradigms (backed, frontend, mobile)
- You will help discover bugs, analyse issues and monitor fixes, as well as performing regression testing.
- You’ll review and analyse requirements, specifications, and technical design documents, providing timely feedback
- You’ll create highly detailed and structured test plans and test casesYou’ll lead on testing prioritisation
Who you are:
- You have an inquisitive mind, keen to understand the intricacies of the companies software
- You have an eye for detail, always looking to achieve the highest standards in code review
- You are an excellent communicator, with the ability to work smoothly and efficiently with all of your stakeholders.
- You think outside the box, and can react on your feet to solve problems
- You are highly skilled in bug finding, glitches and creating automated testing
- You understand the viewpoint of developers and customers, and can prioritise what's important to fix.
Skills and abilities we're looking for:
- Proven work experience in a software engineer in test role
- Highly skilled in software QA methodologies, processes, tools and best practices
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Stress and load testing experience ideal
- Detailed orientated philosophy working to the highest standardsKeen to collaborate and work closely with colleagues and engineers, to build out a QA culture.
- Excellent communication skills, working across several teams
- Tools currently used - Jira, git, selenium, appium, Jmeter or similar.
At WebSummit, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We want talent from all walks of life to help us on our journey to digitise the conference sector. Hiring decisions are made purely on experience, skills and the needs of the business.