Senior DevOps Engineer at Juristat (St. Louis, MO) (allows remote)
Juristat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we’re striving to hire a diverse team of individuals who will contribute toward growing our vision. We’re looking for an Engineer to join the Engineering - DevOps team.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Juristat is building an incredible series of products, and we need the team to create those tools. The people who make up our Engineering team focus their skills and efforts on ensuring integration between stable platform operations and user-facing applications. They work together to guarantee a strong user experience, serving both internal and external customers. The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for sustaining Juristat’s rapid growth by keeping the platform running at all times.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Juristat is a small, fast-growing company, so you’ll likely gain experience on many different projects across the organization. Some of the areas you’ll be focusing your attention are:
- Managing team objectives and implementing team planning
- Maintaining our AWS infrastructure and data pipelines while keeping our core applications fast, stable, reliable and available
- Actively managing on-call shifts and system monitoring
- Properly implementing security policies and best practices
- Consolidating valuable feedback from your team for production readiness reviews and postmortems and providing to the Product team
- Guiding seamless software deployments
- Engaging in software performance analysis and system-tuning
There are several features that make you stand out as the right person to fill this position. In particular:
- You make an effort to understand the needs of our data customers, both internal and external, and apply that understanding at every stage of our development.
- You have several years of strong experience with AWS VPC networking, Identity and Access Management (IAM), and a clear understanding of security practices.
- You have prior exposure to system design and Linux based EC2 administration (Ubuntu, Amazon Linux, CoreOS).
- You have a basic to intermediate understanding of Docker. Advanced Docker knowledge (e.g., Kubernetes deployments) is definitely a plus.
- You have familiarity with CI/CD systems.
- You have GoLang or Elixir knowledge to help with cross-OS tooling.
- You might have experience with Terraform or ElasticSearch.
- You might have SAML and Oauth2 integration knowledge.
- Your troubleshooting skills are outstanding!
Regardless of how well you feel you fit this description, we encourage you to apply if you love to collaborate with a series of diverse teams to build a product that our customers can’t live without.
THE BIG PICTURE
Juristat is a fast-growing SaaS provider assisting law firms and companies at all stages of the patent prosecution process. Our statistical modeling capabilities enable our customers to visually plot their chance of success in every aspect of the patent application process. Since 2012, we’ve been creating and building tools we believe will revolutionize patent prosecution systems around the world.
Why We Build: The goal is to remove as much of the guesswork as possible from the patent application process. We want our tools to provide patent attorneys with a greater ability to assist inventors in protecting their intellectual property, and help inventors find attorneys who are uniquely qualified for their specific needs.
Who We Are: To keep building these tools, we’ve cultivated a team of world class individuals who are obsessed about iterative improvement of themselves, our product, and our processes. As an organization, we thrive in small teams that allow us to be fast and flexible, and avoid the bureaucracy that slows growth. We are driven by opportunity and our passion to build together.
How We Operate: We also know that each of us enjoys working in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All of our teammates agree to follow a code of conduct. Additionally, we show our employees that we value them by providing:
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare, dental, and vision coverage
- Retirement plan with 3% company match
- Unlimited personal leave policy
- Fun and flexible office environment!
Juristat is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with people no matter their race, color, creed, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, pregnancy status, or mental or physical disability.
Apply for this job