Posted 3 months ago
This job offer has expired
Symitar, a Jack Henry & Associates brand, is currently looking for a Software Engineer to join our Professional Services team. The Symitar Professional Services team provides new and custom development for ancillary products that complement our core processing system.
Our team is distributed and that means you can live and work wherever you want – if your work hours match US business hours. You can also choose to work from one of our offices if that’s preferred. You’ll get the chance to choose your own tools and contribute to products that are used by hundreds of thousands of people.
- Experience in developing Node.js. applications
- Experience developing REST APIs
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in software engineering
- Experience with using git-based distributed version control systems in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated understanding of NPM and modular application development skills building
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Demonstrated experience with AngularJS and HTML5 experience
- Familiar with libraries such as Lodash
- Understanding of build tools such as Gulp, Grunt, Webpack, etc.
- Familiar building single page applications using modern frameworks such as Angular/AngularJS, React, Vue
- Credit union industry and/or Episys/PowerOn experience
- Familiarity with software development lifecycles and Agile methods
- A constant desire to grow, learn, and explore new things
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Organizational and time management skills
- Strong team player
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, with minimal assistance and supervision, while remaining flexible to changing requirements
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which require research.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides reasonable task and project cost/effort estimates.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards. May participate in the definition and documentation of standards.
- Collaboratively works with QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.
- Assists in training and mentoring less experienced peers.