Full-stack Ruby on Rails Developer (Full-time or Part-time)
Made by Many
Posted 3 months ago
This job offer has expired
We’re looking for a versatile and collaborative full-stack software developer to join our team. You will be working on a large, mature Ruby on Rails platform comprising of a bespoke CMS and publishing tools, JSON API and high-traffic public-facing website.
Made by Many is an innovation consultancy focused on bringing digital to the core of our clients’ businesses, and making products that people love to use. We deliver agile product development and organisational change through the collaboration of technology, design, business and product strategy.
About the role
We’re looking for a versatile and collaborative full-stack software developer to join our team. You will be working on a large, mature Ruby on Rails platform comprising of a bespoke CMS and publishing tools, JSON API and high-traffic public-facing website. Other technology used includes ES6, React, Sass, Terraform and hosting on AWS. We don’t expect you to be an expert in these technologies, but an interest to learn is desirable.
You are someone who loves getting their hands dirty implementing features and tests, ensuring the stability and smooth functioning of the live platform. You have experience working to a high standard on production code, as well as building quick proofs of concept.
You will be working on a product with an editorial team that publishes a high volume of content in multiple formats, across multiple channels. The platform currently serves over 5 million unique users a month, with 6.5 million followers on Facebook and 3.3 million on Twitter.
You will be continuously supported by a friendly and inclusive internal development team who are constantly working to improve our craft, and pushing ourselves and our clients to bring together the best aspects of Agile, Lean, Continuous Delivery and DevOps.
£40,000–60,000 depending on experience, pro-rata for part-time. This will be reviewed annually, along with a discretionary bonus scheme based on company and personal performance.
- 25 days a year holidays (not including bank holidays). We close the office at Christmas, so you’ll get these days as extra too.
- Private healthcare
- Maternity and paternity leave (Maternity: 10 weeks at full pay followed by 9 weeks at 60% and then standard SMP; Paternity: 4 weeks at full pay)
- Your choice of company mobile phone
- Mac laptop with admin rights and any other tech you need to do your job
- Investment in personal development — this could be attending courses, buying books or going to conferences — whatever suits you
- Regular company lunches, drinks, supper clubs and away days, as well as our summer party in the office and Christmas beach party
- Beautiful office next to Regent’s Canal, near to lots of shops/cafes/bars in Angel
- Kitchen and fridge stocked with delicious healthy (and unhealthy) snacks and drinks - including breakfast selection
- Weekly lunchtime yoga sessions
- Monthly tech meetup, Front-end London, hosted at our office
Location and hours
The role is based at our office (Diespeker Wharf, 38 Graham St, London, N1 8JX) and is not open to full time remote working.
Our office hours are 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday.
We are open to flexible and/or part time working for this role. On average, we’d need you to work 3+ days a week - get in touch to discuss your circumstances/preferences.
The recruitment process
Email your CV and/or any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful applicants will be invited to a short phone interview which we will use to get to know a bit more about you and to give you a chance to ask any questions you have. The next step is an interview at our office where you will get a chance to meet some more of the team and talk to us about how you approach technical problems. It would be really useful if you have some of your own code you can talk us through for this, whether it be from professional work or a side project.