Senior Platform Engineer - 100% Remote - Canada/Colombia/USA at Sonatype (allows remote)
Posted 3 months ago
This job offer has expired
Our product development teams lead the ongoing evolution of multiple market-leading products and services -- Nexus Repository and Nexus Lifecycle -- used by hundreds of thousands of developers, application security professionals, and legal staff across the world.
As a Platform Engineer, you will be a critical part of designing and delivering the next generation of cloud-based software and services complimenting Sonatype’s market-leading supply chain and open source software governance portfolio. You will develop the services and infrastructure needed to deliver mission-critical customer-facing solutions at massive scale. You will work closely with your teammates and product development to turn new and innovative ideas into reality.
No one is going to tell you when to get up in the morning, or dole out a bunch of small tasks for you to do every single day. Members of Sonatype's software development organization have to have the internal drive and initiative to make the product vision a reality. Flow should be the predominant state of mind.
We are looking for smart people, who get things done and that well in a team environment. If you love working on and solving some of the most difficult software engineering challenges, you will love working here.
- Software engineering experience; we primarily use Java.
- Database and data manipulation skills working with relational or non-relational models.
- Deep curiosity for how things work and desire to make them better.
- Some knowledge and experience with infrastructure as code (i.e. Terraform, CloudFormation, or equivalent).
- Experience developing distributed fault-tolerant services.
- Moderate experience with Docker.
- Some knowledge and experience with AWS (compute, networking, security, and scaling).
Nice to Have
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other quantitative field.
- Experience with multi-region or hybrid cloud architectures.
- Experience with non-AWS cloud providers (Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure).
- Experience deploying to or managing Kubernetes clusters.
- Experience with Identity Management and Authentication solutions.
- Experience with messaging/streaming solutions such as Kafka.
- Experience working in a highly distributed environment, using modern collaboration tools to facilitate team communication.
- Expereince in an Agile development environment.