Posted 3 months ago
This job offer has expired
QSC is looking for a Training Manager who will work under the supervision and direction of the Senior Training Manager but operates autonomously to develop a constant stream of innovative training curriculum for QSC, primarily for the Q-SYS audio, video and control (AV&C) platform with the potential to expand to other product lines. The training manager will work primarily from the QSC Boulder office to conduct regularly scheduled classroom training in the Boulder Training Center, conduct administrative responsibilities associated with maintaining the viability of this facility, and serve as the local conduit to the Boulder Q-SYS development team as it pertains to training needs. Training Manager will also participate in remote and virtual training to assist with regional training needs.
Duties and Responsbilities:
* Drive education agenda set forth by Senior Manager & Director of Training & Education
* Work autonomously with product development team and training staff to write new training curriculum to support the growing feature sets for the Q-SYS Platform, particularly in the areas of third party control integration, Lua scripting, conference room video and plugin authoring.
* Maintain sustaining efforts on existing training materials (i.e. training syllabi, student textbook) to reflect the constant evolution of the Q-SYS Platform
* Conduct full classroom training for our integrator/programmer/end-user community
* Organizing Q-SYS development team as guest lecturers for classes, and facilitate in-class/post-class VOC opportunities between student activities and QSC staff.
* Appear on-camera in QSC's award-winning Q-SYS online training video series
* Deliver "Train-the-Trainer" events to certify our internal staff and distribution partners to teach Q-SYS training
* Grading Q-SYS Certification final design exams
* Assist in designing and maintaining training rooms, experience centers and demo designs throughout around the global
* Participates in discovery meetings and brainstorming sessions
* Acts within scope of QSC Mission Statement as well as meets all of the QSC Marketing Team objectives and policies to accomplish assigned goals
* Perform other duties as assigned
Travel: Up to 35%; Must have a valid US Passport and be able to travel internationally
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in audio, DSP, engineering and/or electronics
* 5-7 years of experience in the AV industry
* Thorough understanding of audio, video, and control (AV&C) systems.
* Firm understanding of Q-SYS Platform and Q-SYS Designer Software is mandatory (Q-SYS Level 1 & Level 2 certification)
* Other manufacturer certification is a plus (Crestron, AMX, Extron)
* High-level communication skills to synthesize complex product & AV&C related concepts from many different knowledge sources into simple, consumable training materials
* Experience in curriculum development and/or writing technical copy in an education setting
* Experience in Lua Scripting
* Moderate experience/familiarity with the Adobe Creative Cloud, particularly in InDesign & Photoshop (primarily for training collateral maintenance)
* High level of poise and composure in delivering training on-camera and to live classes
* Well-developed oral and written communication skills