Network Technical Support Engineer
QSC is searching for a Network Technical Support Engineer who will provide global systems application support to our channel partners, consultants, and end-users within the Systems and Cinema communities. This position requires broad and comprehensive experience working with integrated networked products in an ecosystem. The role will serve as an Ethernet networking specialist on the technical support team.
* Deliver an exceptional customer experience to support QSC's strong brand presence
* Provide Level 2 application support for QSC products, including networked products
* Fully document customer issues by creating tickets in QSC's CRM system to track cases
* Handle support cases, including troubleshooting of complex audio, control, and Ethernet networking problems.
* Deliver troubleshooting and advanced system diagnostics of network systems and Q-SYS products.
Technical support topics include, but are not limited to the below:
* Acoustic Echo Cancellation (AEC) signal flow and gain structure
* Support for licensed products
* Gain structure basic setup and diagnostics
* Support of Q-SYS networking best-practice and troubleshooting
* Basic audio, video, and Q-SYS Control support
* Provide Q-SYS 24/7 after-hour call support on a scheduled rotational basis
* Deliver call-handling best-practices in a contact center environment
* Recommend documentation and FAQ's to improve customer self-service
* Evaluate, identify and replicate software and firmware 'bugs'. Follow QSC SW escalation process, work in collaboration with an advanced support team to prioritize issues and reach a desirable outcome to ensure a positive customer experience.
* Serve as a technical resource to other functional groups and individuals to improve product quality and user experience.
* Develop customer-facing and internal documentation on best practices, troubleshooting flowcharts, training materials and FAQs to ensure a consistent customer experience.
* Provide suggestions to Product Development as a thought-partner to ensure QSC products are easy to diagnose and support when in-use.
* Work professionally with all levels of employees and interface with external AV & IT professionals, distributors, and dealers to deliver a positive business outcome.
* Assist customers with troubleshooting designs remotely via screen sharing software.
* Communicate with Engineering, Applications Engineering, Marketing, Product Development, Technical Services, and Quality Assurance divisions of any product problems, opportunities, software bugs or emerging customer needs.
* Bachelors of Science degree in a technical/engineering discipline, or equivalent experience.
* Minimum 3 years' experience in the AV Integration industry with emphasis in Corporate AV.
* IT industry networking certifications such as CCNA or CCDA, or a minimum of 3-year work experience delivering advanced support in Ethernet technologies and concepts.
* Experience with troubleshooting Corporate network security configurations and protocols
* Must be fluent in computer technologies, video technologies, audio over IP networking and DSP technology, with an emphasis in Gain Structure, AEC and Telephony.
* Experience with Unified Communications systems (Cisco, Avaya, Polycom) and SIP integration to common VoIP systems is required.
* Experience with third-party control integration (AMX, Crestron, etc).
* Experience with LUA or JSON scripting (or similar) or other programming languages.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
* AV industry certifications in CTS, CTS-I, or CTS-D.
* Experience with AutoCAD, EASE and/or EASE Address.
* Experience with network security concepts (802.1x, RADIUS, Security Certificate Management).
* CompTIA certifications such as Network+ and Security+ are preferred
Other Required Skills & Success Factors:
* Must possess a customer-centric mindset.
* Must have great business acumen and be able to deliver a high level of performance based on business priorities.
* Must possess strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel & PPT).
* Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting specific deadlines with minimal supervision.
* Must possess well-developed written, verbal & presentation skills.
* Creative, motivated and quick learner.
* Must demonstrate strong leadership skills and the ability to make decisions within the designated area of responsibility.
* Must be able to travel globally as required (Valid US Passport required).
Apply for this job