Systems Developer/ DevOps at Harris (allows remote)
This is a great opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated DevOps Engineer/Systems Developer to join our team and contribute to the creation and support of our robust suite of enterprise healthcare applications. The successful candidate for this role will have significant experience building and supporting CI/CD platforms, environment buildout and support, software build and releases, automation solutions, installing and configuring application software, and upkeep of systems through patching and upgrades in an Agile organization Primary Functions
- Contribute to DevOps strategy with modernizing and optimizing processes and platforms
- Support new technology insertion
- Define and manage software build and releases for multiple applications
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) including automated build, automated testing, and deployment
- Design and implement new software to automate manual operations
- Drive environment builds outs and software systems setup and configurations
- Support systems in non-production and production like environments
- Root cause analysis of critical issues along with other operational team members
- Expand the capacity and performance of the system
- Maintain Linux and other types of systems, including compliance and patching
- B.S in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 4+ years of professional experience working as a DevOps Engineer for Web and Enterprise applications
- Proven experience in DevOps, systems engineering, build/release/deployment automation, etc. in an Agile environment
- Designing and working with modern Continuous integration and deployment solutions in complex enterprise environments.
- Implementing applications in container technologies like Docker
- Hands-on expertise in DevOps / CI/CD tools, like Jenkins, Maven, Git, etc.
- Experience with configuration management, orchestration, automation tools such as Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Demonstrated ability to write programs using a high-level programming languages/scripting, such as Java, Python, UNIX shell, Perl, etc.
- Strong understanding of source control systems, build processes, automated testing, and operations
- Proven technical knowledge of infrastructure components such as Network, Storage, Linux/Windows
- Proven experience in software build and delivery in Java, Angular and other software technologies
- Demonstrated ability to work on small, focused teams to complete critical achievements with tight deadlines.
- Drive to take initiative and own issues; Planning and coordination in a multi-project environment
- Passion for driving automation into how software development and delivery is done
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Apply for this job