Backend Engineer -- Ruby on Rails at Fizzer (allows remote)
Posted 3 months ago
This job offer has expired
This offer is for french speakers only
About the job
As a Backend Engineer, you will be at the center of many of our challenges. Always in the loop you will be working side by side with iOS, Android, Web and product teams to make the best possible experience to our users.
Projects you'll be working on
- Build intelligence around our theme logic and provide a unique experience to each of our users depending on when and where they are in the world
- Work closely with our print facilities to create tools that will help us scale our print from 80K to 500K postcards a day
- Create modular services to help us build the most custom postcards our users could dream about
- Gamify our user experience through quests and challenges to grow our community
- Develop our data pipeline and help us take better decisions
- Build code that will fit our business and product needs
- Join the care team and speak with our users once a week
- Participate in code reviews and provide feedback to your colleagues
- Leave code better than you found it
- Take care of your application in production: deploy, monitor, maintain
- Create a positive environment for the people around you
- Lead by example
- Share knowledge with your team and help them grow
- Fluent in French
- Strong expertise in Ruby & Ruby on Rails
- Good knowledge of API concepts and architectures
- Experience with unit and acceptance testing
- Bonus: Knowledge with AWS, file computing, Elixir, DDD
- You also share our engineering values:
- Care bear: We want
- Transparency: We discuss everything openly.
- Move Fast: No need to demonstrate for days, just do it.
- Knowledge Sharing: We’re eager to learn.
- It’s OK to fail: Succeed together, learn together.
- 100% remote: work from anywhere in the world
- A new laptop
- Code and company retreats
- Budget for books
- Travel budget (visit us when you want in our only office near the sea)