DevOps Engineer at Adzuna (London, UK) (allows remote)
Posted 3 months ago
This job offer has expired
Infrastructure/DevOps Engineer - remote Europe or Office-based in London
Adzuna is a job search engine that lists every job, everywhere. From launch in the UK in 2011, we now have more than 10 million visitors a month and are busy conquering the world from our office in West London. Right now, we're seeking an experienced Infrastructure/DevOps Engineer to join our world class tech team in helping millions of people find better, more fulfilling jobs.
Our engineering and product teams are pivotal to Adzuna's future. It's an exciting time as we scale our existing product offering and also innovate with new tools and user experiences that 'surprise and delight' our audience, like ValueMyCV, which we're really proud of. Our infrastructure supports 16 internationalised Adzuna websites, as well as the 'Find a Job' portal that we run on behalf of the UK Government. Our growing global footprint and site visitor numbers mean that the dev/ops environment needs to grow too, ensuring a reliable, efficient and scalable infrastructure that supports all our client and team needs.
Based in our great Fulham office, (or remotely) you will work with a smart team of dev/ops, back end, data science/machine learning and product specialists, collaborating to plan, design, implement and review the infrastructure, software and tools that power the Adzuna job finding experience. There will be the ongoing need to monitor, maintain, test and debug our infrastructure, whilst responding to the specific needs of Adzuna clients and fellow developers, who all buy into a shared DevOps philosophy.
You’ll be safeguarding secure development and production environments and practices, as well as implementing and mentoring others on industry best practice, and trying out and implementing new, technologies and approaches. Naturally, you’re fastidious when it comes to documenting components and operations, whilst ensuring we meet our SLAs with clients, which may include some out of hours emergency support.
Our opportunity offers the chance to build something to be proud of, whilst becoming a part of one of the fastest growing businesses in Europe. It's a fun and fast moving environment. Join us!
We don't like to put people in boxes, but you're likely to be able to demonstrate much of the below:
- Able to demonstrate that you can plan, design, implement and review infrastructure requirements
- Proven track record in deploying solutions for high volume websites
- Determined to deliver processes that monitor, maintain, test and debug our infrastructure
- Proficiency in installing, configuring, running and patching Linux
- Can act as an advisor to non-technical stakeholders, whilst supporting the needs of engineering teams
- Strength in documentation and operational administration
- Understands the need for an 'always on' approach to uptime
- A tenacious ability to debug and fix performance and reliability problems rapidly
- Comfortable working with a distributed team
Technical competency and tools
- Proficiency in one or more of Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Proficiency in one or more of Perl, Ruby, Python, C, or Go
- Designing and maintaining infrastructure in AWS Using Terraform, Packer, Jenkins, Chef
- Using Nginx, Memcached, message queue systems
- Identifying and fixing MySQL
- Read/write bottlenecks Identifying and fixing Solr bottlenecks
What we offer:
- Stock options
- 25 days holiday
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- A positive attitude towards flexible working and parental leave
- A Values based culture
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Huge learning opportunity from smart, experienced colleagues
- Table tennis table and a program of team social events
- Bright, airy office with roof terrace, in the heart of bustling Fulham Broadway