Senior Backend Engineer - Driver Growth (Elixir) at Heetch (allows remote)
Posted 3 months ago
This job offer has expired
Before you read our awesome job posting, it's important to mention that yes we promote flexible and remote ways of working since day-1, however, we are still a young company iterating over our remote culture and we try to keep our time zones not too spread out.
Time zone -2h > GMT +1 < Time zone +2h
DRIVER GROWTH @HEETCH
We're a thoughtful, talented, full stack and distributed product team consisting of backend, mobile, frontend and QA engineers, as well as product managers and product designers. We're responsible for the acquisition, engagement and retention of all our drivers . Our multi-disciplined team allow us to work autonomously across the realms of our scope. Basically, this means we completely own our roadmap, and we empower each team member to contribute and influence what we work on and how.
Our mission is quite simple; Deliver Driver happiness and ensure they get the optimum experience that they deserve. Drivers use and rely on the products we build each and every day to earn a living. This is a responsibility that we hold dear and do not take for granted.
BACKEND WITHIN DRIVER GROWTH
To put it simply; The services we support and the code we produce are critical to the business. Be it a potential driver going through our acquisition funnel, an active driver entering our marketplace or a driver viewing their earning and account details to name but a few, the impact our backend engineers have on the business as a whole is huge.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Contribute to architectural and design decisions around our microservice and event-driven architecture.
• Work on large-scale extraction projects, as we migrate legacy systems into our event-driven architecture.
• Build, ship and monitor your Elixir microservices in production.
• Participate in Code Reviews and provide feedback to your colleagues.
• Leave code in a better place than you found it.
• Create a positive environment for the people around you.
• Lead by example.
• Share knowledge with everyone and help your team to grow.
• Have the freedom to experiment. Intrigued in a new tech or library? Go for it! let's see how it improves our services.
• Have product ownership by working closely with Product, mobile and data teams. It's not just about writing code.
• Transparency: We discuss everything openly within the team. Our speak up culture is strong.
• Remote first: Our team is fully distributed, and we work hard at that, but feel free to work from any of our offices in Paris, London, Stockholm, Milan, Bruxelles or Casablanca.
• The courage to fail: We celebrate the wins, but more importantly we're not afraid to fail, we always learn and go again.
• Team Unity: No one is left behind.
• Code quality: It's not software without tests.
• +6 years as a software engineer.
• Production experience working with mircorservices.
• Eager to learn and push boundaries with Elixir.
• Track record of designing elegant APIs that are easy to use and well documented.
• The ability to ship fast when needed.
• Has a full event driven mindset.
• Not afraid of leaving your comfort zone.
• You are ready to make an impact at scale.
• Production experience in Elixir.
• Exposure to Kafka
• Paid conference attendance/travel.
• Heetch credits.
• A Spotify subscription.
• Code retreats and company retreats.
• Travel budget (visit your remote coworkers and our offices).