Backend Engineer - Money (Elixir) at Heetch (allows remote)
Before you read our awesome job posting, it's important to mention that yes we promote flexibile and remote ways of working since day-1, however, we are still a young company iterating over our remote culture and we try to keep our time zones not too spread out.
Time zone -3h > Paris - Time zone < Time zone +3h
MONEY @ HEETCH
The Money Team works behind the scenes to ensure a smooth experience for everyone involved in payment transactions. We are responsible for the proper handling of millions of euros across thousands of daily rides , and everyone is counting on us to deliver reliably and efficiently.
We work hand in hand with the Data, Product and Operations teams to improve our product while protecting our bankrolls and maintaining compliance and cleanliness in our accounting records:
- Numbers, numbers everywhere.
- We help users manage their payment methods and coupons, a crucial part of the passenger onboarding experience.
- We make sure drivers get paid on time for their work by providing them with a seamless experience so they don’t have to worry about their money.
- Fraudsters are like zombies, one breach, and you’ll face an army of them.
- 1 cent can become over 9000 cents if you don’t pay attention.
WHAT WE DO
Take part in the design and specifications of new features and products. A new form to help the marketing teams launch their campaign in every bar in a new city? Check. Improve our fraud detection models to fight card testers that got their hands on thousands of stolen credit cards? Sure!
Use state of the art tools and best practices to ship code quickly and safely (continuous integration, code review, automated testing, etc). The daily job of the money team is to write Ruby and Elixir microservices that communicate via HTTP, RabbitMQ and gRPC, deployed using Docker on a Mesos/Marathon cluster.
Communicate with each other. We are a remote-first team and company, working from our home or our Parisian office. We synchronize whenever needed (discussions around specs, pair programming, code reviews) so no-one is left alone.
Always improve. Everyone makes mistakes, and we all can learn from each other. We value personal progress and want you to look back proudly on what you’ve done.
- 5+ years as a backend engineer.
- Eager to learn Elixir.
- Exposure to the architectural patterns of a large, high-scale application. You understand the pros and cons of microservices, and embrace event-driven programming.
- You are used to dealing with complex business logic and ambiguous edge cases.
- Prior knowledge of Ruby or Elixir.
- Experience with message brokers(such as Kafka, RabbitMQ) and event-driven architectures
- Paid conference attendance/travel.
- Heetch credits.
- A Spotify subscription.
- Medical care.
- Code retreats and company retreats.
- Travel budget (visit your remote coworkers and our offices).
Apply for this job