Senior Software Engineer, Backend (NodeJS) at Thrive Global (San Francisco, CA) (allows remote)
Posted 4 weeks ago
This job offer has expired
Description Thrive Global is changing the way people live through a suite of well-being and behavior change products used to impact individual and organizational well-being and productivity. The marriage of data and analytics, our best-in-class content and science-backed behavior change IP will help people go from knowing what to do to actually doing it, enabling millions of consumers to begin the Thrive behavior change journey. As a backend engineer, you will play a significant role in building Thrive’s products and behavior change platform, from designing APIs to building out data models and everything in between. Who We Are Looking For
- Believes that code clarity is paramount to modern engineering teams.
- Is excited about collaborating with others, engineering and non-engineering, both learning & teaching as Thrive grows.
- Has a willingness to take on a broad set of responsibilities from configuration to design to implementation.
- Has a passion for data-driven products.
How You’ll Contribute
- Create & improve backend services, using AWS Lambda, Node.js, PostgreSQL
- Review code, start new repos, and build new features
- Work with the product team to ensure proper data collection to drive future product direction
- 3+ years experience building web applications in Node.js, Java, or C++
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Understand common design patterns and familiarity with object-oriented programming.
- Proficiency with AWS, microservices and/or serverless architectures.
- Past experience and passion for working on cross-functional projects