Senior Data Engineer at Integrated Data Services (IDS) (allows remote)
Posted 3 weeks agoApply Now
Senior Data Engineer
Remote Work Allowed
Integrated Data Services, Inc. (IDS) is a leading provider of custom software products and Government financial management services. IDS was founded in 1997 in El Segundo, CA, and since that time has seen tremendous growth and success. Currently IDS has offices supporting customers nationwide. By providing customers with fast, efficient and reliable information systems and support services, IDS has become a preferred provider of financial and programmatic systems, services, and solutions across a wide variety of Government agencies.
IDS is seeking a Senior Data Engineer with an expert understanding of data integration, data warehousing and APIs. You will be responsible for integrating data across multiple systems, improving existing data warehouse architecture and assisting with our transition to AWS. We are looking for an ambitious self-starter with proven technical and analytical capabilities and the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment. This role is for an engineer who loves to roll up their sleeves, dive in, and tackle any problem with speed and precision.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in the design of our overall data collection strategy, including technology, data pipelines, and visualizations.
- Build a scalable data insight platform that makes every decision data driven.
- Maintain and expand ETL and reporting tools.
- Creatively solve complex problems while understanding the scope and long-term impact of your work
- Communicates with the Product Management and development teams to raise issues and identify potential barriers in a timely fashion.
- Develop an understanding of key business, product and user questions.
- Mentor other engineers and promote knowledge sharing.
Physical & Mental Qualifications:
- Must be able to lift/carry at least 15 lbs.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 80% of the time.
- Must consistently work and type on a computer and may be required to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office supplies, etc.
Knowledge and Skills:
- At least 5 years of experience as a data engineer.
- At least 5 years of experience developing ETL or ELT solutions.
- At least 5 years of experience with SQL.
- At least 2 years of experience working with Talend Data Integration.
- Experience in analyzing ETL requirements and implementing complex ETL jobs.
- Ability to interface effectively with team members from all functional disciplines.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to rapidly analyze complex technology and business scenarios.
- Experience with AWS and Amazon S3 desired.
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Atlassian JIRA and Confluence desired.
- Experience with Department of Defense (DoD) finance, contracting, acquisition and logistics systems is a plus.
Education and Work Experience:
This position requires a minimum of a 4-year degree from an accredited college or university in business
management, engineering, computer science, mathematics, accounting, economics or other related discipline. Experience in lieu of education may be considered if the individual has 7 or more years of relevant experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
Travel will be required.
Normal work schedule will be 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Monday through Friday. May be required to work additional hours and/or weekends, as needed, to meet deadlines or to fulfill travel obligations.
Commensurate with experience.
Company offers full-benefits package including health, dental, vision and 401K plans. IDS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, creed, age, sex, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, pregnancy perceived pregnancy, medical condition, marital status, familial status, color, religion, uniformed services, veteran status, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under local, state or Federal law. A submission of a resume is an expression of interest and not considered an application.
For more information, visit www.get-integrated.com. To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference code: IDS-DE-VL.
**U.S. citizenship and/or green card is required; H1-B visas and other visas are not being sponsored. Relocation expenses are NOT compensated. All jobs are employer paid; no fees to candidates. Third parties or agencies inquiries are not being accepted.**