Software Engineer (Backend API)
Posted 2 weeks agoApply Now
Evidation Health is a new kind of health and measurement company that provides the technology and guidance to understand how everyday behavior and health interact. The volumes of behavior data generated from wearables and smartphones has opened up new ways to analyze individuals’ behavior and health in real time. With a virtual pool of 2 million research participants, Evidation Health undertakes research for innovative biopharma and health care companies to transform how diseases are identified, treated, and monitored.
We’re seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer (Backend API) to join our Enterprise Engineering team who is familiar with scalable architectures, data flows, and APIs. We value problem solving skills, continuous learning, great communication and accountability. If you thrive on autonomy, open-ended challenges, and designing large-scale software systems, this is the perfect opportunity.
- Develop API’s and integrations for a large-scale, cloud-based application
- Build and implement microservices to improve scalability and performance
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, including development, code reviews, testing and production
- 2+ years developing in Ruby on Rails, Python, Go, Java, or C++
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience with Postgres or MySQL
- Experience writing unit tests and integrations
- Experience working with RESTful frameworks
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS or Google)
- Experience working with scalable API frameworks
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and competitive coverage for your family
- Relocation support
- Flexible work hours
- Open vacation policy - take time when you need it
- Support for remote work when needed
- Relaxed work environment
- Your choice of computing equipment and gear
- Lots of opportunities for growth
- Opportunity to work on fascinating challenges that improve people’s lives
Evidation Health values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, political activity or affiliation, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex or gender.