Sr. Developer - Java (Remote, U.S.) at Gaggle.Net (allows remote)
Posted 2 weeks agoApply Now
Gaggle has been providing safe online learning products and solutions to the K-12 market since 1999. Our focus is, and always has been, on student safety so educators can have the confidence to allow learners to take advantage of current technology for communication, collaboration and learning.
The Sr. Developer will develop and maintain Java-based micro-services/applications hosted in the AWS cloud. You'll collaborate with your co-workers to deliver clean code in an agile environment. You'll work in a fast-paced environment on high throughput applications that serve the K-12 education market. You'll need to be well versed in Java-based RESTful web service development environment.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the software.
- Work with product management and cross-functional teams to solve issues related to customer-facing services
- Take ownership of projects that matter from technical design through implementation
- Participate in technical design/code reviews
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- In-depth understanding of Java
- Swagger API toolkit
- Docker container experience
- AWS (DynamoDB, Lambda, SQS, ECS, API Gateway, etc.)
- Experience developing and scaling services in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) environment
- Development experience in an Agile environment
- Frameworks and Testing frameworks: Spring, JUnit, Mockito
- Experience with version control systems, particularly git
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and a team player
- US-based, home office (remote) capabilities required
Although applications will be accepted until the position is filled, candidates are strongly encouraged to submit their application materials by January 31, 2019. Please send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com.
The position will offer a competitive compensation package composed of a salary commensurate with the candidate’s level of experience. Employee benefits include, but are not limited to medical, dental and vision and participation in Gaggle's 401(k).