Sr Cloud Application Architect at NWEA (Portland, OR) (allows remote)
Posted 3 weeks ago
This job offer has expired
SENIOR CLOUD APPLICATION ARCHITECT
WHO you are:
You are a highly-skilled architect experienced in designing and architecting super-scalable, highly-reliable applications built on serverless cloud technology. You're passionate about what you do, how you do it and want to work with others who feel the same.
WHO we are:
We are a research-based, not-for-profit and we are on a mission to help all kids learn. This fulfilling purpose drives everything we do. Our products touch the lives of over twelve million students across the globe and in nearly half of all schools in the US. Our systems support millions of transactions and complex calculations every day and must be highly reliable, secure and responsive.
Your work will make a DIFFERENCE
You will have the opportunity to participate in and develop solutions for the broader, global Ed-Tech community. Your skills will be put to the test as you develop solutions to very complex problems related to scale, resiliency, and performance of an assessment platform that supports 13 million students. In addition, you will:
• In concert with our Chief Architect, leadtechnical solution discovery across product and technology teams
• Collaborate with other architects to modernize our platforms
• Provide support to product design/ build teams for solving enterprise-wide technical problems through application of prototypes and knowledge of software industry best practices
• Create architecture artifacts Logical Architecture Diagrams, Workflows, Data Flow Diagrams, White Papers, Presentations, etc. to effectively communicate solutions to varied audiences
• Mentor architects and senior engineers
• BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred
• 7+ years of experience as an architect in building complex, resilient and highly scalable application and platform solutions
• Proficiency and currency in multiple languages and programming paradigms (OO, Functional, Procedural)
• Experienced in Architecting and building highly scalable, cloud-native applications on AWS using services like APIGateway, Lamda, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB, and Kinesis
• Good experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
• Able to inspire thought leadership in the team
• Master's degree in Computer Science
• Experience with Data Science, Machine Learning, and AI
• Knowledgeable in the principles of Chaos Engineering
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
Health and Wellness Benefits
Medical, dental, vision, and prescription insurance premiums are paid at 100% for eligible employees. NWEA also pays 25% of the dependent premium cost.
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Regular full-time employees are eligible to accrue 4 weeks paid time off during the first year of employment, 5 weeks after the first year, and 6 weeks after the second year and all years thereafter. Additionally, employees receive 9 paid holidays per year.
Eligible employees receive an additional $400 ($200 for part-time employees) per month (reported and taxed as salary), which is used to offset premium costs or items not currently covered.
It's not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life and to make a difference in the lives of kids.