Full Stack Polyglot ReactJS, Java and AWS Services at Contrast Security (Baltimore, MD) (allows remote)
Posted 2 weeks ago
This job offer has expired
Our team is expanding as our company continues to grow from a small start-up to an evolving 4+ year company. We have an opportunity to bring on software engineers who are comfortable working with multiple languages on our full stack application (Java/Spring and Angular/React) and our AWS cloud-based services mainly written in Python and NodeJS Lambda services. We are in search of engineers who are interested in working across many languages.
Our engineering team has a strong spirit of entrepreneurship. Every member of the team has joined us over our short history because he/she wants to be part of a high-performing team and go through the startup experience. We look for candidates that share similar goals and beliefs about the work and the team they want to be a part of. We've put together some notes here which will tell you and show you a little bit about our experience.
We are a growing group of engineers, designers and product specialists. Anyone who applies to work on our team is specifically looking for an opportunity to be able to:
- Work hand-in-hand with our Product Managers, UX/Designers and Customers on each feature and improvement.
- Own the technical design, implementation and quality engineering of our full stack application and Lambda services.
- Participate in constant collaboration with teammates in the form of pair programming, group code reviews and pull requests prior to commit.
- Deploys: our engineers deploy multiple times a day to our AWS infrastructure.
- On-call rotation: every member of the team, including the VP of Engineering participates in the on-call rotation.
- Technical support: Our engineers don't just release code in the wild. When our customer have issues, we have to jump in and give them help.
Skills & Requirements
- You are a Java expert with a strong understanding of Spring, MySQL, Linux, Apache ActiveMQ and are comfortable working with Cassandra, Redis or ElasticSearch.
- Experience or interest working with TypeScript and GraphQL.
- Interest and/or experience with Python and NodeJS.
- Have an eye for quality and have an interest in using tools/frameworks like Enzyme, Prettier, ReactTestRenderer, Jest, JUnit, StoryBook, etc...
- Interest to work with newer technologies such Apache Kafka and AWS Lambda
- Interest and experience working with Docker and Kubernetes as well as Vagrant and Ansible
- AWS Services: S3, EC2, CloudFront, Lambda
- You approach problems from a product perspective, thinking through how the user will interact with what you're building.
- You have strong communication skills. You ask questions, let others know when you need help, and tell others what you need.
- You're a problem solver. You believe the best work is the result of finding the simplest solution to complex challenges.
- You see the big picture. You understand how the code you write interacts with systems and services, both internally and externally.