Senior Backend Developer/Lead (Java)
Posted 3 weeks ago
- Do expressions like “disruptive technology”, “paradigm change” and “global scalability” appeal to you? Do you want to turn an established industry upside down?
- Are you fed up with corporate structures and politics? Do you want to have a direct impact and shape the company you are working for?
- Do you want to be part of a small and dedicated team, growing into a global company with worldwide market dominance?
Then please continue.
Interprefy is an award winning, dynamic technology company operating a cloud-based platform for remote simultaneous interpreting (RSI) for conferences, meetings, press conferences and similar events.
Our concept is simple, but revolutionary: instead of being onsite, interpreters work remotely and conference participants use their smartphones as receivers. Since the interpreters need not travel and no interpreter booths must be installed on-site, cost savings compared to conventional interpreting technology are substantial, up to 50% and more.
We currently have the best RSI platform worldwide and we intend to maintain this lead. In November 2018 we set a world record with 102 interpreters working on a single event.
With RSI, corporations, associations, NGOs and other international organisations can save millions without lowering the interpreting quality offered. However, many established industry players are conservative and averse to change. Nevertheless, Interprefy has gained a firm foothold in the market, working around the globe for well-known organisations like the UN, FIFA, Facebook and Google.
The cost reductions enable conference organisers to offer simultaneous interpreting also to smaller events such as workshops, seminars and sales meetings, which could not afford the service so far. An expansion of the existing multibillion-dollar market take place and new business opportunities are thereby created.
As a Senior/Lead Developer, you will support and lead the development of our SaaS platform for online interpreting. If you are a motivated professional who wants to work with a global team in a fast-paced environment, this could be the place for you!
Outcomes and Responsibilities
- Lead and support the projects including design/requirements, coding and testing, and maintenance
- Lead the evaluation of industry best practices and emerging technologies
- Work together with users and clients to define the project requirements
- Perform design, development, testing, implementation and documentation within a fast-paced, agile-based work environment
- Effectively manage deadlines and release schedules
Your Qualifications and Skills
- 4-year degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of substantial contributions to software projects with high business impact, in a fast-moving SaaS environment
- Ability to collaborate with international remote teams and to manage projects carried out by external suppliers and contractors
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking, problem solving, and organizational skills, as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments and roles
- Solid ability to convey technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Passionate about technology and striving towards a great customer experience
- Proactive and self-reliant
- Comfortable to work remotely
- Fully fluent in written and spoken English
Knowledge of at least several of the following, with focus on the back-end:
- Software architecture
- Network engineering
Experience with design of high-availability scalable cloud platforms is a plus.
What we offer:
- Being part of and influence a successful, rapid growth business
- Flexible working hours and ability to work remotely
- Great autonomy in how you work – it is the results that matter
You will be joining a multinational and dynamic team with the head office in Zurich, Switzerland. As our services/products are cloud-based, and the team is globally distributed, the location you work from is not of importance.
Flexibility, social skills and a good sense of humour are appreciated.
We believe in a trustful, open, and cooperative environment and encourage applications globally (Europe is preferred due to travel times).