Senior React/Node JS Developer - Remote at Dealer Inspire (allows remote)
Posted 2 weeks ago
Senior React/Node JS Developer
This position can be remote; US based candidates only.
Looking for a unique work environment and culture to thrive in? Do you love the sense of accomplishment after shaping a new product and pushing code daily? Are you a motivated individual who works well independently, as well as on a team? Are you excited about developing modern applications on serverless cloud architecture? Then we want you!
Dealer Inspire is a leader in the digital automotive industry located in Naperville, Illinois. Our company has grown from providing innovative website platform solutions to a full enterprise suite of products, including:
- Online Shopper (Digital Retailing Solution)
- Conversations (Chat Program)
- Prizm (Reporting and Analytic platform)
- FUEL (Digital Marketing platform)
- METAL (Inventory Management System)
While our team works extremely hard, we try to keep a fun and creative work environment. At Dealer Inspire, we like to look at current problems and 'rethink' solutions. We're flexible, we don't write requirements in stone, and things can change regularly. This means rethinking how solutions work best. Want to learn more about who we are? Check us out here!
Dealer Inspire is seeking experienced, rock star developers to join the METAL team. Your duties will primarily revolve around writing code creating new features, modifying existing code to fix errors and bugs, and improving performance while adhering to system testing and validation procedures.
To be successful in this role, you will need a high degree of personal responsibility with respect to quality, attention to detail, and the willingness to contribute and collaborate as part of a team.
METAL is DI's brand-new Inventory Management System (IMS) and is built with modern design plus lightning-quick controls to help our clients move metal faster than the competition - without any training needed. Designed mobile and tablet-first, METAL allows car dealers to quickly and easily manipulate their vehicle inventory, and have those changes appear on their Dealer Inspire website in real-time with API synchronization. From easy-to-implement pricing rules to the ability to upload hi-res inventory pictures, METAL offers a full-suite of features that modernize inventory management.
Skills & Requirements
We're flexible with learning on the job and corresponding relevant work experience. However, for this position to be successful we need you to know the following, with a strong self-initiative to learn from others!
Essential Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Architecture and development of new features
- Set and enforce code quality standards and test coverage
- Leadership and mentoring of junior developers
- 3+ years experience with front-end technologies such as React, Redux, and Webpack.
- 3+ years experience working with NodeJS
- 3+ years experience working with SQL or NoSQL databases; the ability to write efficient queries and benchmark/profile them
- Strong understanding of asynchronous programming
- Experience with the Express framework in NodeJS
- Experience with performance debugging and benchmarking
- Experience with testing frameworks like karma, mocha, or jest
- Experience with Git version control
- Understanding of CI/CD
- Strong attention to design detail (UI/UX)
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working remotely
- Familiar with Mobile-First, responsive web design
- Familiar with AWS Cloud Architecture and Serverless (Fargate, StepFunctions, Lambda, SQS)
- Familiar with GraphQL, DataLoader, and Apollo Client
- Familiar with MongoDB, Atlas, and Stitch
- Familiar with PostgreSQL
- Familiar with ElasticSearch
$75,000+ per year based upon skill and previous experience. Motivated and talented individuals may advance quickly in our fast growing company.
- Health and Dental Insurance Plans
- 50% match of your 401 k contributions up to 6% of your gross income
- PTO, sick days, and selected paid holidays
- Work time/fun time quarterly team outings
- Coaching and career building
- Subsidized gym membership + in office yoga classes
- Subsidized internet access for your home